Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Staying away from people that tempt me...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Staying away from people that tempt me... Empty
PostSubject: Staying away from people that tempt me...   Staying away from people that tempt me... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:47 am

I'm realizing that I have to have a new group of people all together. Most people I know at my clinic are not serious about getting clean and staying that way. At the AA meetings I go to it's been good, but it's taken a year to get use to going to the meetings and getting to know people. I don't tell them anything about Methodone. The methadone meetings are a joke really. Well I'm going to do maybe another year on this program and then go off I think. My goal is to NOT use at all this year. I get the urges sometimes. My whole life was about getting high, partying, girls and fun and now it's pretty slow paced. Ok, God Bless you all... Hope some people actually get on this site that are serious about the program.
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Staying away from people that tempt me...   Staying away from people that tempt me... EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:25 pm

hey esaari,
I know what you mean at my clinic people are still getting high and taking methadone...I dont get that. If I wanted to continue to use hell I wouldnt take methadone, The reason I got on methadone was I hit bottom, I was a mess, now 8 years later Ive been clean for the whole 8 years, maybe cravings but Ive fought them, go to meetings , im in recovery,,,anyway I just dont get it. Good luck to you,, god bless,,,

Peace
Back to top Go down
Jackie Ann

Female
Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : reading and walking
Registration date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Staying away from people that tempt me...   Staying away from people that tempt me... EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:07 pm

I understand that people say stay away from people that is still using but, sometimes that isnt possible.I have very close family members that use.It was very hard in the begining of treatment but it did get easier in time.I try to encourage him to get help he did try the clinic but had trouble with benzos so I pray that he will be ready soon.
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female

PostSubject: Re: Staying away from people that tempt me...   Staying away from people that tempt me... EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 pm

I have a few family members who are alcoholics, Doesnt bother me I was never a drinker, But I sure hate the way they act though, damn Im the bad one in the family, I am a DRUG addict..
Back to top Go down
NoMoreTears

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Staying away from people that tempt me...   Staying away from people that tempt me... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:01 am

Oh if my little brother was still using I wouldn't care I would go see him all the time! I'm not talking about people you love and care for. I was talking about people who use and don't care about you. Most junkie's are like setting suns....
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female

PostSubject: Re: Staying away from people that tempt me...   Staying away from people that tempt me... EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 pm

ya I do know who you mean, Since Ive gotten clean It seems like I dont have any more friends because, they all use and I dont want to go around them. As for Family your right, I dont judge. But I do love them and am there for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staying away from people that tempt me...   Staying away from people that tempt me... Empty

Back to top Go down

Staying away from people that tempt me...
Page 1 of 1