Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brendaelk

brendaelk

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-17

my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! Empty
PostSubject: my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!   my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:37 pm

I am in NW Indiana and finally got to switch to a clinic that takes Medicaid. I transferred from private pay and was so happy to not have to spend $314.00 a month out of my pocket. Anyway I go three times a week and tues there was a paper saying they would no longer accept Medicaid for payment as of July 1st. What will we all do? That is not even enough time to get off the stuff. I am on 100 mg and have been on 17 years because of withdrawal fear. I have done great on it and have all that time with clean UA's. Can you give my any help or feedback, do not know what to do, I will be kicked out of my house if I have to go back to paying.
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!   my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Have you called other clinics????
Back to top Go down
brendaelk

brendaelk

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!   my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Update from May 2013 to now at 1/30/15. Had to transfer back to private pay clinic for a year and half. Previous clinic is now accepting medicaid again so just got approved again for medicaid due to being on disability. I cannot believe how hard it is to get help with funding for methadone. It is such a great program for long time addicts. I have been on it for 20 years this last time and I have raised my kids and attended college while on the program. I am afraid to think where I would be without the methadone program. Dead in the streets probably. It is so much easier for taxpayers to medicate addicts with this medicine, very inexpensive compared to the costs for crime and theft maintaining a full blown addiction.
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Program Director, Counseling Solutions of Chatsworth
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!   my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:09 am

Thank goodness! The 'Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act' just went into full effect this year (January), combined with the full implementation of the Affordable Care Act....so many Medicaid policies are now covering MMT/MAT... Medicare is supposed to finally be covering it this year as well. My private insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN, is FINALLY no longer excluding methadone for addiction treatment as of January as well. The costs to society of NOT covering methadone treatment are MUCH higher than the costs of covering this affordable and effective medical treatment!
Back to top Go down
http://www.counselingsolutions.clinic
liz11364

liz11364

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!   my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:58 am

I live in NJ and have just become eligable for Medicaid due to my disability (depression, anxiety, substance use disorder) I would like to know if methadone is covered in my state.? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!   my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Liz,
That would probably depend on the clinic -

I did a preliminary search for you and did find a couple who states on their websites that they do accept Medicaid. I will list them below for you, but just as a precaution, I would give them a call just to make sure.

Somerset Treatment Services
118 West End Avenue
Somerville, NJ 8876
908.722.1232 ext 2

New Horizon Treatment Services Inc
132 Perry Street
Trenton, NJ 8618
http://www.nhts.net/

New Brunswick Counseling Center
320 Suydam Street
New Brunswick, NJ 8901
http://www.newbrunswickcounselingcenter.org/

I'm sure there are others to check out, but this is just a few to get you started.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!   my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days! Empty

Back to top Go down

my methadone clinic is kicking us off in 30 days!
Page 1 of 1