Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

have had to miss 2 days

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brendaelk

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: have had to miss 2 days   Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 pm

I am still working on getting take homes started back. I have been back at this clinic 6 months now and it is time to get another phase up with last months clean urine. I am still going daily until on thursdays when I get 3 take homes. I tried to change my day back until Tues knowing this cold weather and snow was coming to NW Indiana. Well they said I could not change my day back on my lower phase I only could do that with a max phase. The weather they would not even consider. WE had so much snow and below zero temps that there was road restrictions for traveling. I live 26 miles from the clinic, 52 round trip. I have had to miss two days now. I am almost 60 and disabled and have never had a dirty UA in the time I have been on methadone, I have been in this state for 12 years and on this same clinic except when I transferred to a clinic that accepted medicaid for 6 months but stopped and raised the price daily so I had to go back to my long time clinic where I had to start all over with phases. Director said this the rules and she is not taking anybodys problems into consideration. Mind you I left 6 months only for financial relief and never used. Until I transferred I only went to this clinic twice a month but all this changed when returning. I have had 6 cleans since I have been back there from July. I was due to go up in phase but my counselor said they have not (the staff) meant in the last month so he could take it to them. I am so frustrated at these clinics  for not taking our stability and our record of good standing in making decisions. I know the clinic is allowed to make the changes they want when it is not non payment or starting trouble there. It just seems like we deserve a break sometimes and we all get crapped on and are not believed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brendaelk

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: length of time   Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:23 pm

I also transferred to this clinic from another state with 7 years of clean drops. So I have had almost 20 years all together of not relapsing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: have had to miss 2 days   Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Brenda, I'm sorry for all that you have gone through, in changing clinics, having to change back and not regaining what you had that you worked so hard for in the first place and now to have to miss dosing because of the harsh weather conditions.
I would think the clinic would have something in place for this. I do hope and pray something changes for the better for you.
Why is it that people who have been compliant for years and proved their recovery can't be treated as they deserve?

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: have had to miss 2 days   

Back to top Go down

have had to miss 2 days
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1