Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Methadone and Testosterone levels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoMoreTears

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Methadone and Testosterone levels    Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:00 pm

All,

Please if you are a male and on methadone go to the doctor and have your testosterone levels checked. It's very important because low T is bad for men. It causes osteoporosis, colesteral buildup, depression, anxiety, belly fat and the list goes on!!!

This is a link to a new study and in the WebMD link there is another link to the actual data. But, it's clear that methadone reduces males T big time!

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20140905/methadone-lowers-testosterone-men

I was having sweating so bad it was horrible. In fact, I think it's in some of my posts on this site from years ago. I was having TONS of symptoms and blamed it all on the methadone. Well, I finally kept going to the doctor to try and resolve the sweating problem. I found this article and requested they test my T levels. I was so LOW!!! I had been suffering from this SO BAD!!! I can't begin to describe how wonderful I feel now that I'm getting replacement therapy! Don't be shy or bashful or ashamed and embarrassed to get tested. Methadone causes this to happen and it's VERY treatable.

God be with YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zac_Talbott

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Program Director, Counseling Solutions of Chatsworth
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Methadone and Testosterone levels    Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 am

There are some over the counter supplements like DHEA that can help some patients as well... This is certainly something to be aware of for any males not feeling well, with low energy or low sex drive....but nothing to freak out over and run to the doctor with hysteria. Thanks for posting this WebMD piece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.counselingsolutions.clinic

Methadone and Testosterone levels
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1