Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family.   Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family. 17810PrittyKit999,
Thank you for joining and I want to extend you a special welcome. I believe I have corresponded with you through e-mail but then I could be wrong and if it is not you then please ignore what I am saying. I never forget someone especially if I have written them and I apologize for not getting back to you. I have a list of phone calls to make and I am sure you did send me your phone number and I will get back to you.
I wish there was more of me but I am just one person with too much to do and not enough help. I know you think I will not get back to you nor did I care about what you said to me but I do, regardless of what anyone tells you. Since I am only one person I can only do so much and I admit I am very far behind on everything but I did go ahead before I started back working on the websites and construct a new Methadone Support Forum. Since I had to take the old one down, I felt guilty because I was going to wait about six months before I opened another one hoping by then to have my new website on methadone constructed. But...things didn't happen that way.
I received many complaints from patients having serious problems with their MMT Programs that I felt I needed to provide them a Safe-Haven. You need someone to talk to about what is happening at the one you are attending and sometimes you have no one and you must hide the fact you even attend one from most of your friends. Am I right? I did provide many of them a Contact who could help them. I am hoping they did achieve the outcome they desired. If not, I am hoping they will not give up and continue on to be persistent until they do acquire their outcome.
During the Interim, I knew I needed to provide encouragement and support for them. I know exactly how they feel and I understand what it is like to worry whether or not you are going to be discharged. I know what it is like to need a dose increase and be unable to acquire it. I have received calls from patients who have panic attacks when they pull up each morning at their clinics to dose because they never know what to expect. Whether all of you have experienced this yet, the time may come and you will need support and encouragement and know you have friends backing you all the way. It is the main reason I went ahead and reopened now because all of us on methadone need each other whether you are new to it or old.
I just wanted to extend you a special welcome and to let you know I will be in touch with you by phone as soon as possible and if I have mistaken you for another, then accept my apologies. I would like to ask you to please start out by sharing what you can about yourself because everyone here understands and will be there to help you. It is the only way you can learn about yourself and I promise you no one here is going to criticize you. Most all of us have pain we need to deal with and the best way is to let it out in the open. You can learn what a wonderful person you are to by letting others get to know who you really are. You have nothing to be ashamed of for all of us have been down the same road here and have many things in common.
I am very busy and dealing with my teeth but I will be in touch before the end of the week but please do not hesitate to call me if you need to. I am having to dose at the clinic every day this week but I can talk between 1:00 -2:00 AM if it is an emergency. Please PM me and let me know the best time to call you if you still want me to. I am hoping you will use this forum to make friends and to learn more about yourself and to ask others for help when you need help. I have found ut when you really are worried and you are depressed and problems are mounting in your life...if you start reaching out and helping others, you will forget all about yours and many of them will take care of themselves.
Welcome, and I'm hoping you will become an integral part of the forum. Let us know if we can help you in any way? Thank you for joining with us and I hope you will share this forum with anyone who needs it.
Deborah
I knew they needed more than just that - they needed friends to give them the support and courage requitred each day to deal with their Methadone Maintenance Treatment Programs
Back to top Go down

Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family. Empty
PostSubject: Hey Deborah! This is Cat Robins.   Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family. EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:08 am

Hey Deborah!
How are you doing? Yes this is Cat. We've talked a few times. I have just now had the time to figure out some of the forum. I am so sorry I didn't get to introduce myself to you Fri. I didn't want to interupt. I have so much to talk to you about when you get a chance to call me. I need your opinion on something & I don't know who else might be able to help me. I am going out of town April 22-28. We are taking an early vacation to Panama City Beach. My phone won't reach down there but my mom's will. it's 678-602-7000 in case you want to call. Tell Dean hey! I love the forum! It's awesome!
Take care & hope to talk to you soon!
Cat Robins
Back to top Go down

Welcome, Prittykit999 to Our Methadone Family.
Page 1 of 1