Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Welcome to 4meandu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Welcome to 4meandu   Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi everyone. It is a good day when I have to get on the forum several times a day to welcome our new members.

I want to introduce to you guys our latest member who goes by the username 4MEANDU. I know you guys will do all you can to make them feel welcome.

We want to welcome you and to let you know that we are here if you need us. Recovery can be a long, hard road and it makes it so much easier when you have people who have "been there, done that" and actually know what you are going through.

I hope that in time you will feel comfortable enough to tell us your story or to share how methadone has helped your life and/or situation for the better.

No matter what, just know that we are here for you are we are so glad to have you aboard.

See you around the forum!
Ruthann

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4meandu

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 4meandu   Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:24 am

Thank You very much for the warm welcome. I plan to visit as much as I can but that usually is only once or twice a weeek. It is soooo good to see people in recovery helping each other and reaching out to those who want it. To give you a quick run down about me... I have been sober for almost 4 years and am married to a wonderful woman and we have 2 great children. I cannot thank my wife enough for sticking by me at times when she SHOULD have grabbed up the kids and left my sorry butt!! When I asked her why she never did she says because she knew that mean drunk doped up person was not "who you are". I will always love and respect her for sticking by me through what truly is "in sickness and in health." Talk to you again later. Greg- aka 4meandu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 4meandu   Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:34 pm

Hello
4meandu, my name is Dee and I'd like to join lilgirllost in welcoming you the the forum.
She is a wonderful lady, and moderator as well.

If you have any questions I'd like to encourage you to post them here on the forum. If you have something that you would like to talk about please don't hesitate to ask. Always know that if you need to talk about something and you don't want to post it here on the forum, you can always send her a PM and it will be answered as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours in recovery,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 4meandu   Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Your story with your wife sounds alot like mine w/my husband! He should have left me a loooong time ago and took the kids with him, but he never did and now that I am thinking straight I am so glad he never gave up on me. He is the only friend or family member I have that support my staying on MMT. All the others think I should get off and stay off and can't understand why I am still on it after all the years.

I am so glad you have found us too, and like I told you in the PM I sent you, you can count on us any time you need no matter what so do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything.

I don't remember if you told us or not, but how long have you been on MMT? What state do you live in?

Even if you can only check in a few times a week, we will be glad to hear from you so hang in there and just know we are here!

have a great weekend, what's left of it and we will see you around the forum!
RuthAnn

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4meandu

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 4meandu   Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:45 pm

I was on suboxone for 3 years before going to mmt about in Aug. of 08. I couldn't afford the sub. without my insurance anymore. I know some view that as backwards but that is the way it had to happen for me. Also to answer your other question I am from Alabama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 4meandu   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to 4meandu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Forum News :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: