Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8/6/09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8/6/09 Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8/6/09   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8/6/09 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 am

Sometimes the unexpected happens, things that we just don't count on. Life can take sudden turns, and it is easy to let these sudden changes knock us off track.

But change is a part of life! Sometimes these changes occur slowly, and it is easy to adjust; other times it is as if life has thrown us a real curve ball.

When things start to get out of whack because of sudden changes in life, I need something I can fall back on.

This is why ongoing involvement in your recovery has become so important! Utilize the tools available to you. If you have a trusted friend that you can talk to, a spouse that supports your recovery, a pastor or other religious leader or God or whatever Higher Power you believe in, or even your counselor(s) at your clinic.

The time spent with them provides us with two things that we need in these times of sudden change and unpredictability. First there is consistency. If you have someone to talk to, then these things do not change even when change is happening all around you.

The second thing we are provided with is accountability. This recovery support system helps us stay on track even when everything else in our life seems to have derailed.

To be sure, I have yet to encounter anything that has completely overwhelmed me, but when I got away from this consistency and accountability and tried to handle things on my own, I ended up in real trouble.

None of us would stand inside a burning building without the tools to put the fire out. In the same way, a solid recovery support system can help to put the flames of change out. Do I use my support system to prevent fires in my life?

Change is difficult because of the unpredictability the comes with it. This unpredictability can bring up feelings of anxiety and fear. In some cases change can bring feelings of anger, but not all change is bad.

In fact, many of the changes we experience end up being for the better. Still the process of change can be uncomfortable, even when the outcome is good. Change also brings us to a point where we often have to simply have faith that God will see us through.

Faith that He will be there for us when we need Him is important. Faith that we be given the strength, courage, and wisdom that we need to deal with change is needed. Faith that these things will indeed be provided for us if we ask.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 8/6/09
Page 1 of 1