Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/10/09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/10/09 Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/10/09   THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/10/09 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 am

Each and every day I am faced with a choice – a choice to continue on the path of recovery or a choice to do an about face and return to the insanity of my addiction. One choice leads to life, and the other choice leads to death.

None of us knows for sure, certainly not I, where my next high might lead, but one thing is certain, making the choice gets easier if I really value my recovery. If I truly value my own life, if I truly value my relationship with others and with my Higher Power, if I truly value honesty and if I truly value what recovery has given me, then making the choice is not so hard.

So the question each addict faces is this: What do I truly value? It is easy to say the words "I value my recovery", but it is entirely something different to look at where I spend my time.

I was once told that all I had to do to determine what I really valued was to look at how I was spending my time. If I truly valued my sobriety, I would spend time staying clean and following my MMT program. If I truly valued a relationship with my Higher Power, I would spend time with Him in prayer and meditation. If I truly valued my loved ones I would spend time with them and show them I love them, if I truly value honesty and the things that recovery had gifted me with, then this is where I would spend my time.

Where will you spend your time today?

RuthAnn
Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR TODAY 8/10/09
Page 1 of 1