Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Greetings!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rose Mactier

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Greetings!   Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 am

Hello Everyone-
My name is Rose and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I am a forty-eight year old mother of two children, daughter and son. I also have six grandchildren, five from my daughter and one from son. I am not working right now due to health issues. Methadone has literally saved my life. I have been on methadone for over sixteen years and clean for fifteen. I tried numerous in-patient detox hospitalizations and relapsed each time. I also tried the three week methadone detox numerous times, and that never worked either. It was very hard to get on methadone maintenance years ago, but eventually the clinic accepted me. My life improved immediately, I no longer spent massive amounts of money for drugs, no longer worried about getting arrested, no longer worried about deteriorating health from drugs. I was able to go back to work, tell my kids "I no longer do drugs" and had free time to do things I never got a chan ce to do because of using. My life is great without drugs and I have never looked back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Rose. My name is RuthAnn and I am the moderator for the group. I have been away from the computer all day and didn't get a chance to welcome you properly like I do all of our new members so I wanted to take a minute to do so. Please forgive me for not doing it before you posted! I feel awful about it, but I have been gone all day today.

We are so glad to have you as a member of the forum and I really appreciate you sharing your story with us. Yours sounds so much like so many other people story. You say so many things that sound just like my experience such as rehab numerous times with no real effect until MMT. It was like a miracle thing for me.

Anyhow, I wanted to also let you know that we are here for you 24/7 should you need anything. You can post something to the forum or if you wish to speak to someone privately, you can private message me through the forum as well and I will get back to you right away....(I promise much faster that my welcoming you went! lol)

We are so glad to have you and I hope we will hear more from you in the future. Again, if we can be of any assistance to you, PLEASE don't hesitate to let me (or us at the forum) know.

RuthAnn

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose Mactier

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 am

Dear RuthAnn-
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am very excited to have found your website. I am always looking for people who want to acvocate for medically assisted treatment. I can not begin to tell you all the positive things methadone has done for my life and health. I look forward to getting to know all of you and assissting in any way I can.
Rose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:59 am

Good Morning Rose,
My name is Dee and I am also one of the moderators of the forum. You don't see much of me over here because currently I am a Suboxone patient, so I am usually over working with the patients on our Suboxone forum. But I do pop over here as much as I can to see how everyone is.
Before I switched over to Suboxone, I was an MMT patient for four years.
If it weren't for my sister and Methadone I surely would have died before now.(my sister was the person that encouraged me to give Methadone a try)
I'd like to encourage you to go over and post your story of success on our website.
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org/538521.html The more success stories we have out there telling people of the good of Methadone the better.
Welcome to the forum and have a great day.
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   

Back to top Go down

Greetings!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum