Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

need some advice today before my appt tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SunshineSmiles

Female
Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : waitress
Humor : I can garauntee you won't find nobody else lik me!
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: need some advice today before my appt tomorrow   Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 am

real quick bc I have to catch the bus in 20 min. At my clinic in order to priority dose you have to have a letter from your boss and a check stub stating your hours. Well my boyfriend works at 8am so he is eligible to priority dose I am not. But he is my only ride we have 1 car now and it's a stick I can't drive it so I have no choice but to priority dose. So, I forged a letter. I know it is wrong and I am eaten up with guilt. Well my counselor says she knows it fake when I called her this morning and I am going in the morning to talk about it. Of course my first response was to lie to her bc I am an addict and that's what we know. I am scared they are going to call my job today to check and I don't want to get in trouble with my boss. I don't think they can tell him who they are can they? I hink I am going to tell the truth tomorrow but then I am afraid they won't let me priority dose and then I basicly have a ride there but he can't wait for me or he will lose his job that's why we go so early. I just need some advice. I will write more later I know this was fast and didn't make a lot of sense leaving a lot of unanwsered ?s!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: need some advice today before my appt tomorrow   Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi this is Dee,
I'm sorry that I didn't get to your question earlier but I just saw that you had posted. Usually RuthAnn is here, but she is having some computer problems, but she will be here as soon as she can.
The best thing for you to do is be honest. Talk to your counselor about the situation. If they do deny your priority dosing, is there anyone at the clinic that can give you a ride or is there a bus in the area that you can take to work after you dose. I understand that you will still have to go in early but dose later than your boyfriend.
As for your clinic telling your boss who they are. No, not unless you have signed a release of information.
For your clinic to provide any information about you would be a violation of Hippa Regulations. Read Below:

Your health information cannot be used or shared without your written permission unless this law allows it. For example, without your authorization, your provider generally cannot:

Give your information to your employer
Use or share your information for marketing or advertising purposes
Share private notes about your health care

To read more about Hippa I have provided a link for you.
Hippa Regulations
Please let us know how if goes at your clinic.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
boogy.pc

Male
Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : regional sales manager,love hunting an fishing an spending time with 3yr old grandson.
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: need some advice today before my appt tomorrow   Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:50 pm

tHEY MIGHT RESPECT YOU MORE FOR BEING HONEST BUT I DONT KNOW HOW YOUR REPORE IS WITH YOUR COUNSELOR.yOU DEF DONT WANT TO GET THEM TO WHERE THEY ARE CONSTANTLY SCRUTINIZING YOU.SO DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some advice today before my appt tomorrow   

Back to top Go down

need some advice today before my appt tomorrow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1