Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My name is Admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: My name is Admin   Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:36 pm

Let me introduce myself. MY NAME IS Deborah Shrira. I am the Creator of Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark. I started a website in 2004 on Methadone Maintenance and if you are not familiar with it then I am hoping you will go and check it out. The URL is below:
http://www.MedicalAssistedTreatment.org
I have been on methadone maintenance for sixteen years. I have been attending a Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program since I started. I am aware of all that is going on in the Methadone Maintenance Treatment Programs. I dont believe anyone can possibly understand just how bad it is in some of them if they have never attended one. I am familiar with the Federal and State Regulations and I am here to help you understand what they are and how to locate them. I am here to offer all of you the help I can if you truly have been mistreated.
I am working on a new website on methadone and it is going to contain alot of up-to-date research on methadone and chemical dependency. I have tried to make it as easy as I can to find the answers you need and of course, it will be HON-Code Approved as my other ones are. I had intended to wait until I brought up the new website before I reopened our forum on methadone but due to the persistence of many who just did not want to wait...I changed my mind because you, patients, have always been important to me and even more now since there has been so many deaths occurring.
Yes, there are many people who would like to see Methadone Maintenance Treatment done away with. They blame the death of their loved ones on the medication. Yes, Methadone has the ability to kill you but it also has the ability to save your life as it has mine and many of yours. It is the main reason I decided to learn how to use a computer - if it had not been for methadone saving my life I may never have known how to operate a computer. Mad It didnt come easy for me but I wanted to construct a website to let the world know about methadone and what it did for me. I did accomplish it in 2004. I wanted to educate people about the drug because we don't receive all the answers we need from those at the clinics we attend. Am I right?
There was another reason I wanted to learn to operate a computer and it was not only to educate you but to help you in any way I could. I didn't realize the injustice which existed until I started taking methadone. We face the injustice every day on our jobs and if we see other physicians. The minute anyone hears the word methadone, you can see their demeanor change toward us and I know most of you have experienced this kind of discrimination. It just isn' fair and then we face injustice at the very 'Methadone Maintenance Programs' we attend.
All of this is one reason we desperately need to have friends. Most all of us face it each day and we need to learn how to deal with it and be able to stand strong and stay proud because if they could they would love to destroy all of us. You know I am right. I am sure you are getting the idea of why I went ahead and opened up even though I almost let one of my own employees destroy all I had worked for. I am going to need some experienced Moderators and I have some volunteers now. I have always paid the ones who worked for me and then to have them turn my whole forum against me and even call it theirs. It did hurt me very much because I had worked for years without any pay before they came along and of course, I believe we all woud prefer to get paid for our work if we could.
It really wasn't the case with me. I did have volunteers working in the beginning but once we did receive Grant Money I did pay the ones I hired and I had to bring the forums I had up since 2004 down because of the language of my members - and the employee I had paid more than any of them was trying to take over all I had done and she did almost ruin me. She was great with the patients and I won't deny she wasn't but it cost money to maintain websites and to pay employees and to obtain Grant money. They expect certain work to be performed but I could never get it through to her. I always tried to put the patient first but I can help patients more if I have money to pay others to help me. I am able to maintain a 24-hour Hotline and we are able to call you and keep you encouraged and listen to your problems because I certainly can't afford it on my own.
It helps to talk to you and especially if you are having a problem - because we have to ascertain whether it is a legitimate complaint and if you have the right information needed by the people who are going to help you. I was so busy with her when she was working with me I didn't have time to finish or even work on my new website which because I didn't get enough work done, I couldn't even make a draw on the money needed to finish the new website. I took the time to teach her all of what I knew and didn't know until after I hired her she didn't even attend a MMT Program...what a mistake! Then I had to stop and take the time to explain to her about all the Federal Rules and Regulations and of course, there was the State Regulations and which ones overuled the other?
I really didn't mind at the time because I knew if I taught her well then it would all be worth it in time - but it didn't turn out the way I expected. She expected more money and she wasn't even performing the duties I hired her to do. I am not going to let what she has said about me nor the members who turned against me delay me from opening another one because I don't have to prove myself to her nor the members because anyone who really knows me and my work does know it is not true. I will never again turn my forums over completely to another without checking up on them and jumping in and talking to my members. I am asking you to give us a chance to help you and if you really want to work at Home helping others and you are on methadone, I may have some openings later on with pay.
I have Moderators to open with and we want to hear all about you and what is happening in your lives and we do hope you will open up and talk to us and the other members. I have much more to say to all of you but this is a start and we will get to know one another before we all move around and go on. Welcome aboard! Please start by sharing some about yourself and why you started taking methadone.
Deborah Shrira, Administrator

I believe all of you can do this and I promise you none of us will bite you.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manoo

Male
Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : civil engineer/fishing/reading/
Humor : good-humor
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: My name is Admin   Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 am

Hello
I read all post Deborah
Im new on this site.
You must be 53 y/o now. 16 years on methadone.
In this post there is nothing about your experience with methadone ????
How it changed your life? have you any other post that can I know about it??
thank you
Im so concerened about selecting methadone . Is my work right?
Im 1 year on it. It calmed me but what can I do with depression?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: My name is Admin   Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Welcome to the forum manoo,
That post from Deborah was made back in 2009, currently she has been in mmt for 19 years.
She has not posted on the forum in quite some time. Last April she had to under go a serious surgery on her back to try and correct Scoliosis. That may not sound serious but for Deborah is was. Her curvature was at 75% and the surgery went well into two days with one day in between being spent in intensive care in order to stabilize her so that the doctor could finish up her surgery.

We hope to have her back working soon. Currently she is trying to work on our Medical Assisted Treatment of America Inc. Website writing the Director's View. Her writing will be about her surgery and pain control while on high doses of Methadone.

You asked how Methadone has helped her. In the years that Deborah has been in mmt she has been able to obtain her degree to become a Pharmacist, Medical Assistant, Advocate and create two websites both on the subjects of addiction. One on Methadone and the other on Suboxone.

As it has with many others myself included, Methadone saved her life. I can't tell you how many emails I receive each day telling me of another life saved.

You asked about depression, a lot of people suffer from depression and use opiates to help tamp down that depression. Did you experience the depression before you begin abusing opiates or after you started taking Methadone?
Are you seeing anyone for that depression.

I for one, am a firm believer in counseling and therapy. Taking medication to help manage addiction is fine but I also believe that for some people it is also necessary to see a counselor or therapist to help us deal with the baggage that is left behind from our addiction.

I hope this has helped to answer some of your questions. If you start to find yourself isolating from others please do what you can to get out, start an exercise program if you are able, or take long walks, write in a journal, heck if you have to come here and post, take time to look at the beauty around you.
Sometimes it is the simple things in life that make all the difference in the world.
Good luck,
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name is Admin   

Back to top Go down

My name is Admin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1