Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

oklahoma clinics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lgates1204

Male
Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : oil field
Registration date : 2009-09-11

oklahoma  clinics Empty
PostSubject: oklahoma clinics   oklahoma  clinics EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:30 pm

My clinic is ok i mean it saved my life. they charge me 63 dollars a week and i go ounce a week now. Which is nice no more long lines. It seems like they are all about the money though I pay 30 a month for vitadone which is a must. it helps like you wouldent believe and go to 2 group meetings a month. But when I see the doc to increase he doesent have time to answer questions. Its in and out i guess i should be greatful because there are alot of patents and he only comes to the clinic twice a week so he is always busy. overall it is not a bad place but they could care a little more.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

oklahoma  clinics Empty
PostSubject: Re: oklahoma clinics   oklahoma  clinics EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:35 pm

thanks for taking the time to reply and to share your experience with us.

As far as price and all, your clinic sounds reasonable. As far as having to do the peak and trough blood test if you want to go over a certain dose is pretty normal. The only thing there is you have to make sure they know how to READ the darn test!

The lab may send back results saying you are within "normal" limits and that is what the doc will go by, when in fact you may NOT be within normal limits according to the suggested guidelines and and levels for peak and trough test results.

You said you feel like your clinic is in it "just for the money" and I think alot of us can identify with that feeling too. There are not enough clinics as it is, but the majority of them are for profit ones and there are no regulations and guidelines they have to go by where fees are concerned. It's crazy because they can go up on the price any time they want and can charge what ever price they want.

My clinic use to say "well you spent more than this to keep yourself in your pills" but now they have exceeded that price by several hundred dollars a month!

They need to set some kind of regulations going for that in my opinion. They regulate and nit pick about things that don't matter and don't regulate the things that need to be reguated.
Back to top Go down

oklahoma clinics
Page 1 of 1