Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 12/16 Finding your purpose

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 12/16 Finding your purpose Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 12/16 Finding your purpose   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 12/16 Finding your purpose EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 am

So I have accepted the fact that we will never truly understand what life is all about. But does that mean that I will never understand my own life's purpose?
I don't believe that. I feel like all of your life is building up to something and when it all comes together... you find your life's purpose.

But what do you do until then? What do you do with the question: "what am I doing here?"

Sometimes I take a look at the many, many roles I have played in my 30 years on earth. I try to connect the dots and find what all of these various situations would have to do with one another and what things from each experience could be meshed together to make something else.

So far... nothing. I can't seem to figure it out yet. So I feel a little lost at the moment. I can't shake this feeling that there is something that I'm supposed to be doing. Something greater than what I am doing at the moment.

Then again, other times I feel like my job in life at this point is to raise my child the best that I can with the least distractions as possible.

I know, I know... all I should concern myself with really is the present time and not worry about what I'll be doing with myself in the future. But you know, sometimes you just can't help it right?

I guess I get kind of nervous that because I'm a stay at home mom and my main goal of taking care of my child and husband will end one day that I'll be left with not much else. Grimm thought I know. But it is something I fear.

What is really weird is that from the time I was little I never really wanted to be anything. You know what I mean? Someone asks a younger person "what do you want to be when you get older?" and I would say "I don't know". That answer has never really changed for me.

So I walk around feeling like I'm meant to do something... I just haven't figured out what that is yet. I pay attention to coincidences that I notice in life and I try to use them as indicators of what direction I'm supposed to be taking.

I believe that the "luckiest" people on earth are the ones that pay attention to life's coincidences. Kind of explains the type of people that are always in the right place at the right time. I guess they are just paying attention to the natural flow and not fighting it. I WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!

taken from "What Winners Do"
Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 12/16 Finding your purpose
Page 1 of 1