Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello Everyone, Here is my story.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Regina1968

Regina1968

Female
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Disabled due to Lupus and Sciatica
Registration date : 2010-01-19

Hello  Everyone, Here is my story. Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone, Here is my story.   Hello  Everyone, Here is my story. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Hello  Everyone, Here is my story. Icon_cheers I am so glad to have happened upon this website. I was so excited when I spent several hours reading everything.
My name is Regina and I am from Westren Kentucky. I was 32 when I found out that I had Lupus. I became disabled from it and several other things including severe constant pain. From the age of 13 to 40, I have had 14 different surgeries. Needless to say, pain meds were no longer working for me. Every doctor I seen (at least 12) said I would be on pain meds the rest of my life. I was devastated because nothing was working. Finally, I bought methadone on the streets and to my surprise, I found something that actually worked for 12-24 hours. I wasnt completely pain free, but couldnt believe how much better I felt and the things I could do again. I got a doctor to give me methadone. He gave me 120 10mg pills, 4 a day. I was estatic! But eventually it took more and more so I was taking the whole script in about 5 days. That left 25 days of the month that I had to get it on the street or do without. After doing without about 2 weeks in September of 2009, I went thru severe withdrawals and wanted to committ suicide. All I could think about was my eight-year old son would be better off without me. I was no good for him. I stayed in the bed and couldnt even stand to talk to anyone and just cried. One day I decided I couldnt take it anymore and found a friend that was going thru withdrawals also and said lets go to a methadone clinic! He of course agreed, and it was the best thing we have ever done. He was also suicidal. We wasnt sure how we would afford it or even get there , I had a vehicle that was on its last leg and he had no license and no car. We had to travel 65 miles one way to the clinic. Now we have found someone else to drive and we pay the gas. I truely believe neither one of us would be here if it wasnt for the clinic. We are now on Phase 2 and going to Phase 3 March 25th. Thank God for the Clinic!!! Hello  Everyone, Here is my story. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Hello  Everyone, Here is my story. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone, Here is my story.   Hello  Everyone, Here is my story. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Regina,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your story with us. You will find there are quite a few members here who are on methadone for pain management just like yourself. They feel like methadone was the only thing that worked for them when nothing else would and some even feel that it saved their life.

We are so glad you found us too! We need to be here to support each other. With so much negativity surrounding methadone, it is sometimes something that we keep to ourselves and don't share with others. So it helps to have others to talk to and share with.

I hope you will join us tomorrow evening for the group chat so that we can get to talk to you in real time and visit with you more.

Take care and we will see you around the forum!
Ruthann
Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone, Here is my story.
Page 1 of 1