Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Am I the only one who has this problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mmtforme

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : the outdoors
Humor : Caddy Shack
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Apology to CJ   Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:13 pm

I have been following the postings here and I did post in regards to the issue at hand. The information I posted is simply that, information. If you felt personally attacked, that is fine, those are your feelings and you have a right to them, but, in assuming I was attacking you, you took it personally and that was not my intent. I simply talked about what goes on at my clinic and my experience working in a laboratory setting using these pumps. I would say pumping the wrong dose shouldn't happen if the pumps are calibrated daily and done so correctly. With this knowledge, PERSONALLY, I would, if having this problem, ask them about the calibration of the pumps. I am sorry if I came off as attacking you, I really am, and I understand why you felt that way. I could have and should haves howed more understanding and sympathy. I will make every effort to do so in the future. I appreciate and respect you for standing up for what you believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj

Female
Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : I am currently a stay at home mom but am job hunting! my hobbies are spending time with my family and all things metaphysical
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Ruthann,Keemo,Jeffsgirl   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:02 pm

You guys are funny......and brilliant! I never,ever thought of the premarked plastic cups, Kim..what a smart idea! I will ask about that!! If they are measuring correctly like they think they are they should have no problem w/it. My councelor (sp?) did come up w/the idea of bringing in a cup of my own that is measured w/a marker w/a line on it but when I was in the staffing the supervisors said no. Gosh you guys, I have felt so sick this week. Thats why I haven't been to the website. I PRAY next week is better! I will let you guys know! Luv, cj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj

Female
Job/hobbies : I am currently a stay at home mom but am job hunting! my hobbies are spending time with my family and all things metaphysical

PostSubject: Ruthann   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Ruthann, I forgot to ask you last post if you would know how do I get info on the clinic in the next town - should I just call them on the phone, or would they have their own website? I want to find out if they use the diskettes. If they do, it would be worth driving the 45 minutes to get there... if I only had to drive once a week!! Thanks for the suggestion! Luv, cj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:09 pm

cj, RuthAnn's Internet is down right now. She has been having some problems with it off and on. If you want to check into a different clinic all you have to do is call them. It might be a good idea if you make a list of the questions that you want to ask them. Sometime when I get on the phone I know what I want to ask right then, but I usually forget about at least one thing. I agree it would be worth the drive if you were able to get the help that you need.
Good luck.

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 pm

My internet is back up for now, but we have been having trouble with it all weekend so I am going to make this as quick as I can.

You can check this site where all you have to do is pick your state and city and it will give you all clinics within a certain radius (i think up to 100miles) then you look for the ones that offer methadone maintenance and call them at the number listed. Then you can ask them what questions you have. Here is the link

http://dasis3.samhsa.gov/Default.aspx

If you have any trouble finding one or using the site, shoot me an email and give me your city and state and I will check it out for you and see.

good luck!

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keemo7

Female
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : I love animals and all arts/crafts.
Humor : silly/ironic
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Hi CJ...   Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:39 pm

I wanted to check in and see how things are going with you. Have you made any progress looking into different clinics? I saw my therapist yesterday and we spoke about the liquid vs. biscuit situation. I asked her if she thought there might be any way I could get biscuits rather than liquid. Of course, she said she thought that wouldn't happen. I'm amazed when I read these different postings and how clinics operate in such varied styles. For instance, one person wrote that their clinic doses clients who perform physically demanding jobs with the biscuits rather than the liquid! Some other clinics seem to give their clients a choice in what form they receive their dose. I have never experienced a clinic that lets the clients make any type of effective decisions concerning their treatment. The older I get, the more I've become disturbed by the way we (MMT clients) get treated as a group. I've been on clinics for so long that for many years, I just got my dose and went home...not really thinking about how these places operate and how "they" don't seem to really care about our feelings and needs. My eyes were opened last spring when I got screwed so badly by the clinic I previously attended. That's when I realized how powerless and defenseless we really are. Ever since then, my whole world has changed. I find the entire picture very depressing and wonder what's the next way we'll get screwed, and what we can do about it. I'm just grateful to have found this site!! It's a comfort to be able to communicate with fellow MMT clients who understand our issues. I really admire Deborah, Dee, and RuthAnn for putting so much effort and passion into helping us connect. I've really been struggling, and they've given me so much help and understanding. I wish there was a way to let all MMT clients know about this forum. I don't think we can really make progress until we've become united and find a voice. Anyway, I hope you're OK and you manage to find a way to get what you need. I'm thinking of you, keemo7
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:10 am

CJ,
it sounds like you have been thru hell & back. my name is Cat & i'm sorry that i haven't been able to get on here & respond to any of your posts, bad month. i have never heard of a clinic that waters down its liquid methadone. that is nuts! i've heard of clinics offering water or tang or something for the client to rinse the cup out of. i was on wafer/biscuit but i got sick on them b/c of the fake orange taste & would throw it up so i had to switch to liquid. which is not as strong as the biscuit in my opinion. i think it was very brave of you to go into the "staffing" & stand up for yourself. are you still having problems? i split dose so on the day i go to the clinic to dose & pickup my takehomes i bring my syringe (like you would give a baby medicine w/) w/ me & pull out half a dose from one of my bottles & take it & screw the cap back on. no problems. is there any way that you could take in a syringe & measure it yourself in front of them? obviously someone is either skimming the methadone if it all works out at the end of the day or it isn't calibrated correctly. i'm sorry that the other who notice a problem don't have the balls to say anything about it. to me that is unforgivable. i'm glad you are thinking about switching clinics. i did after 7 months at a horrible place who screwed up our doses & generally sucked. i have been at my current clinic for 27 months & am happy. i'll have been in treatment for a total of 3 years on may 10,2010.
i wish you luck!
Cat
Back to top Go down
cj

Female

PostSubject: Keemo and Cat,   Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Keemo and Cat! I wanted to say thank you for responding to my posts. You all are so caring and nice- I'm so glad I found you! So much has happened since I last wrote. When I went to the clinic the Monday after my staffing I was waiting in line to pay my monthly fees and happened to run in to the full time nurse. She actually took the time to talk to me for a minute. She was very nice and said they are going to work to get me back to where I am stable again. The bad news was she said it would cost $250.00 for a peak and trough. I thought it was like $95.00, I didn't realize it is so expensive. I told her that maybe I can get one done when my income taxes come in. I was worried about my dose being short after I brought the subject to the table but since the staffing my dose has seemed much better. Last week it was better and so far this week it has been good too. I just pray that it stays this way! As far as my family goes, this week has been a nightmare. My boyfriend has been on probation from a dui he had got a couple years ago and had his licence taken away. I've been driving him everywhere but every once in a while if he absolutely had to he would drive himself to work or to the store 3 blocks away. Well, on Saturday he went to loaf n jug up the street and got pulled over. The sheriff said somebody CALLED them complaining that he is drinking all the time and driving recklessly (which he's NOT) they gave the sheriffs office ALL his information from his name, the vehicle description to where he works to what time he gets off. Now since he was on probation from his dui and driving w/o a licence he is probably going to go to jail. Not only will he go to jail, he'll probably lose his job because they are working out of town and the courts I dont think will allow him to work out of town. Which means we'll probably lose our house, our vehicle and everything we've worked for. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out who would do this to us. It has to be somebody who knows us pretty darn well or someone w/access to his personal information. I don't know who would want to do this & I can't believe somebody would stoop so low. The thing about it is, honestly he does not drink and drive since his dui two years ago, and I don't know why somebody would LIE about that. We don't know of any enemies that we have, just really petty incidents that have happened but nothing big. He is really a nice, quiet person who is kind to people so it just blows my mind that somebody did this intentionally. He said he's always had bad luck but I told him this is not bad luck this is someone being down right malicious and cruel. He goes to court next month so we'll see what happens then. Anyway I hope you all are doing good. I am so happy that I have you to talk to now. I have a great family but it's hard to talk to them about my problems because they just simply don't understand what it's like to have the problems that I do. So you guys are a true blessing. I liked the idea of taking in my own syringe and measuring it right in front of the dosing nurse. I really hope that this problem will not happen again, though. It's so nice to be able to function like I used to and not worry whether or not Im going to be sick and wonder what days I'll feel good enough to do things. Well, I better get going but thanks for keeping in touch and I hope to talk to you all soon!!!!! Luv, cj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Hey cj,
sorry to hear about the problems your boyfriends is having, but i am glad to hear you are feeling better.

you said since the staffing your dose seems to be "better", do you notice the cup having more in it like you said you did before when you got your "full" dose?

250 for a peak and trough is kinda expensive. when I had one done, the clinic I went to at that time would try to get every single penny they could from you and I only paid 100, but I guess each clinic is different. I don't mean to bust your bubble on the peak and trough and the nurse now trying to "help" you, but they can interpret that P & T any way they want and can use it against you to decrease your dose, just like they did to me even though I provided them valid info that the numbers they were going by were not right.

ALSO, is this the same nurse that gave you such a hard time before? Wonder what changed her attitude now??

I wonder if they didn't recallibrate the machine after the staffing and now it is working right again and this nurse KNOWS that and that is why she is now all the sudden being so nice after treating you so badly before.

anyhow glad u r feeling better, Hang in there and don't be a stranger.

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
keemo7

Female
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : I love animals and all arts/crafts.
Humor : silly/ironic
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Hi CJ and everyone else,   Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:54 pm

It sounds like you're going through an great deal of stress right now. It does seem that when things go wrong, they really go wrong. I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Here's my opinion on the subject of that phone call. I've been around long enough now, to know that people act on impulse. Someone may have just thought for a moment to call the cops, and did it without entirely thinking it through. Everybody is capable of doing bad things and realizing later that they should have done things differently. I'm trying to say that whoever may have called, they aren't necessarily an enemy. Chances are you'll never find out who it was, but if they know you well at all, they're probably feeling badly now about creating so many problems for you. As far as the clinic and your dose go, I've been around long enough to know that you can always expect the unexpected. When you're thinking that they'll give you a hard time about something they won't, and vica versa. Just be grateful things are going your way at the moment. Just keep a low profile and only speak up when you absolutely have to. The less they're thinking about you, the better. Hope things turn out more favourable for your boyfriend than you're expecting. Later, keemo7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmtforme

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : the outdoors
Humor : Caddy Shack
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Happy for you   Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Well it sounds like things are improving for you as far as your clinic and your dose is concerned. Hopefully you will continue to receive the correct dose and level of care you have the right to expect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj

Female

PostSubject: It's been a while   Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey guys, I am sorry I haven't posted in sooo long. I had spoke too soon when I last posted that things were better and the f/t nurse was being nice to me because things are back to how they were before my staffing. I haven't felt good at all, in fact I feel like (even though I'm not) I'm back in the midst of my drug use and am out of my drug. My dose has been so short again for the last month or so. And I feel like there is NOTHING I can do about it. I am completely at their mercy; I have tried talking to the nurse about it, the doctor, my counselor and the supervisors and the problem is that they believe the nurse over me period. I checked w/the methadone clinic in the next town but they charge almost triple what this clinic does and they also use the liquid. I am putting all my hope in getting the peak and trough done to prove to the doc that my levels are LOW. I just hope the interpret it correctly because thats my last and only solution. I have looked up some info online about the numbers and where they should be and I printed some out and I'm going to take them to the doc this Monday. Anyway, I wanted to apologize for not keeping you posted and hopefully when and if I get an increase and start feeling better again I can keep in touch. Thanks for all the support! Luv cj
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilgirllost
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:40 pm

hi cj,

sorry to hear you are still having trouble at your clinic. The only thing I can suggest to you now is to get your Peak and Trough done asap and hope they can read it properly OR go ahead and switch to the other clinic, even though it's 45 minutes away and they also use liquid, if your clinic is "shorting" you, chances are this one isn't shorting ppl as well and it would be worth the 45 min drive to get an accurate dose. (I drive 1 1/2 hrs to my clinic and there is one only an hour away from me, but this is the one I like so it is worth the drive)

Lastly, you could file a complaint and go over your clinics head but I would only do that as a last resort because of the problems it could cause.

Did they end up giving you an increase before? What dose are you on now?
At one time you said your counselor suggested you bring in (or leave it there) a premeasured cup so you can see if they are giving you the same amt each day, what ever happened with that? If the counselor backs you on it, I would think they would be willing to do give it a try.

Good luck and hang in there.

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbrowndog

Female
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : I enjoy outdoor activities.
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Need HELP! Does anyone know the difference between clear v. cherry liquid?   Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Hello Everyone.... I have a rather strange problem and I need your input please.

I have been to 2 clinics now. The first one gave the pink cherry liquid and this one I go to now gives a clear white almost like water type liquid. I get 2 week take homes and hopefully I will have monthlies shortly but I just started at this new clinic a few weeks ago. The new place is completely computerized. They have you sign an electronic signature pad for your dose. So when I go in I have to sign this pad and it says my name and 90mg times 14 days. The last time I went in this is what I signed for as well. Here is the problem and it is really disturbing me. I have not been feeling well at all this week. I felt like I was either sick and coming down with the flu or I was in withdrawal. I have not been throwing up which is what normally happens with the flu. I looked at the label on the bottles for the first time since I started at this new place. It says 87mg on the bottle label. I am suppose to be at 90mg. I bought a baby medicine syringe and I drew up all the dose out of one of the bottles and it said 60 mg!!! Now sometime ago I tried to wean myself off of methadone because my husband was yelling at me about getting off that “stuff” so I had at that time used a baby medicine syringe to try to take out a little bit every few days. That was a total failure but the point is I know that 90mg of the pink cherry liquid says 90 on the baby syringe. Therefore, it looks to me like this new place has shorted me 30mg everyday for at least 13 days (all my take homes) and maybe I was shorted at the dosing window too but I have no way of knowing for sure. A 30mg drop all at once would be enough to make me feel like this… Sad
I don’t know what to do about this because I am scared to make any waves at this new clinic. I know how they are and just like a pharmacy they will claim that they gave me my full 90mg and that I must have diverted 30 mg myself. That’s 390mg that someone got or maybe the machine made a mistake. I don’t know. Anyway…. I have not called the counselor on this at all, again out of fright. It would be nice to feel like I could tell her about this but I just have a feeling they will blame me and you know how that story goes. If you make any waves they will take your take homes away from you.
Does anyone know if the clear liquid is less than the pink liquid in a baby syringe? Or however a person wants to measure it. I guess it would mean the clear liquid was less mg per ml than the pink cherry stuff. Then again I am not sure.

What are your thoughts on this? Does anyone know for sure if the clear should be less than the pink in the bottle? There are no markings on the bottles that would indicate a certain level. These bottle are just small plastic ones without any measurements on the side.

Thank You!
OldBrownDog
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbrowndog

Female

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Hello CJ.... I know this is an old thread but I am going to post on it anyway just in case you happen to see it. I read that your clinic nurse was telling you that "YOU are the only one who ever complains about it". What I wanted to say is this.... I have heard this EXACT same thing about the things I complained about at a clinic I used to go to as well. It seems to be some sort of standard thing that is said to patients in certain clinics. Once I had said to the person in charge that doctors in general seem to have a difficult time treating methadone patients who go to a clinic and that it was hard for me to find a doctor that would take me on as a patient knowing that I was on methadone in a clinic setting. This is something many methadone patients have a hard time with and I would think it would be common knowledge for the treatment staff. I was told the same thing.... "YOU are the ONLY one who ever says such a thing and that is just not true". I have heard it over and over again. IMO it undermines the patient, the patient's treatment goals and makes them feel like they are stupid and have no idea what they are talking about. In other words... It could be looked at as a way for someone who is already in control of your life via your medication to continue this control over your life and make you think you are a plum crazy.

If you are a treatment provider reading this post, please don't ever say this to patients as it really hurts us and makes us feel alone.

Just wanted to let you know CJ that you are not alone and I have heard it too. Good Luck to you.

Take Care! sunny
OldBrownDog
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilgirllost
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:15 pm

I've never had any dealing with the liquid at all. I've always had wafers that were either white or orange that are wet down when I dose in front of the nurse and dry ones for my take homes. I have heard some ppl say things about feeling as if the liquid doesn't last as long as the wafers and such. There was also a topic thread where another member was saying they thought they weren't getting the correct amount from the liquid ** the link is

http://methadone.forumotion.net/t387-am-i-the-only-one-who-has-this-problem

I've also heard others mention that the machines that are used sometimes need to be recheck and recallibrated on a regular basis as well.

What I would suggest is this, there is nothing you can do about the take outs you already have. As you said, there is no way to prove that it was shorted before you got them. All the clinics I have ever gone to, once you leave with your doses if you discover later they aren't right, tough luck. They say you are suppose to check them before you leave so that they know you haven't tampered with them.

Now, when you go next time, maybe explain to them that you are unfamiliar with how things work with the liquid (don't say anything about thinking you've been "shorted" because all that will do is put them on the defensive especially if they are the ones stealing it)just nicely ask them to explain it to you how it works and things like is it suppose to measure the same in a dropper and such. Then I would ask about the bottle saying 87mgs when it says you are signing for 90mgs. ACTUALLY I think I would start with the deal about the 87mgs on the bottle but signing for 90mgs. Make that the converstation starter, just say something like you are a bit confused about how it works and bring up the 87mgs on the bottle and go from there.........then ask them questions about how it measures up in a dropper or medicine cup. Do the bottles they send you home with have any measurements on it at all? I also think they are periodically suppose to callibrate the machines because after a while they do get kinda out of whack and don't measure properly.

I have heard about machines miscalibrating and such and then of course staff that short ppl on purpose because they are diverting it. This way, they have to explain it to you AND then they also know that you are paying attention to what it's suppose to be so if they ARE doing it on purpose, they will be less likely to do so.

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finallyachance

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:45 pm

This is why I changed from liquid to wafers because I was sick one whole week I didnt immediatley feel the difference in the amount but after three days of being sick I drove all the way back over to the clinic and I told this other counselor I like over there and that counselor said to me that I was probably wasting my time as she had seen clients do it before and the nurses will never admit a possible mistake so I just stayed sick all week. I was also told there is no way to check the amount as they put the liquid in our bottles then they fill the remainder of the bottle with water. But.....If you checked with a syringe and it was actually less than what milligrams you get that is fishy. and.....your bottles say 87 instead of 90 is a mistake too. Lucky for you both of those mistakes (provided your seals do not appear tampered with) are easily verifiable. Especially the one in writing on the bottle itself.
It happened at our clinic before I became a client and it turned out several people complained and so they watched the camera tapes and actually saw her shorting people liquid and pills. She had been doing so for over a year she is doing time now for it. SO IT DOES HAPPEN by mistake and on purpose. I would think you had the perfect way to have your bottles corrected as there is a 3 mg difference in your orders and the bottle so they should have to redo the bottles but more than likely would give you what days are left in seperate bottles each being 3 mg. When in all actuality you are 30 mg short I would say so I would then maybe tell them you questioned the typo so u had checked by drawing up in a syringe and it turned out 30 mg short maybe with that appearing you were only thinking was typo but when you saw the 30 mg difference you thought best to bring them back as you feel a 30 mg difference could be dangerous in fact. I would take it straight to the director first so he/she can be involved in case retaliation Good Luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbrowndog

Female

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:48 am

Thanks so much for the feedback.... I appreciate your responses!! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rclark231

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:47 pm

cj - i saw your post which is pretty old - but just wanted to let u know I also have this problem. my clinic also has a computerized pump : and it sucks , used to be one day I would be nodding out , next day in withdrawal ...now its just every day I feel like i'm getting like half my dose : not in extreme withdrawal , but also not comfortable.. also my clinic gives us this generic crap called methadose ..that might also be an issue with your clinic - if u see this let me know how ur doing.

Last edited by Dee on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Email address removed by moderator to protect privacy of member)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ptrsnake

Male
Job/hobbies : retired. Love reading and shooting pool
Humor : Take things as you see them. Be open to views of others
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm in the Bronx and my clinic has the pump. I've never had a problem because it's computerized. I know some clinics have manual pumps that only go up to 80 mgs so if you on a dose like me at 160, they'd have to pump 2x. Manual pumps are not trust worthy. Or I should say that the pumper and not the pump is not trustworthy
ptrsnake13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rclark231

Male

PostSubject: Can totally relate   Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:56 pm

cj wrote:
Hey guys, I am sorry I haven't posted in sooo long. I had spoke too soon when I last posted that things were better and the f/t nurse was being nice to me because things are back to how they were before my staffing. I haven't felt good at all, in fact I feel like (even though I'm not) I'm back in the midst of my drug use and am out of my drug. My dose has been so short again for the last month or so. And I feel like there is NOTHING I can do about it. I am completely at their mercy; I have tried talking to the nurse about it, the doctor, my counselor and the supervisors and the problem is that they believe the nurse over me period. I checked w/the methadone clinic in the next town but they charge almost triple what this clinic does and they also use the liquid. I am putting all my hope in getting the peak and trough done to prove to the doc that my levels are LOW. I just hope the interpret it correctly because thats my last and only solution. I have looked up some info online about the numbers and where they should be and I printed some out and I'm going to take them to the doc this Monday. Anyway, I wanted to apologize for not keeping you posted and hopefully when and if I get an increase and start feeling better again I can keep in touch. Thanks for all the support! Luv cj
hi cj - and ptrsnake from the Bronx - I live inCT and we have the computerized pumps - they Suck , I always drink my med straight and sometimes it will taste bitter , other days - taste like water ..WTF of course get NO help from staff , am told it is all in my head , but I have seen how the methadone ( or should I say methadose - cause thats what we get , a generic crap )comes in as a powder - they then mix it with sterile water to make a solution - who's to say someone isn't siffoning off some of the powder before the solution is made , this may sound paranoid - but about 8 yrs ago - a nurse was caught stealing methadone THREE times before she was fired (and no charges brought against her , was all hushed up) - I cannot understand with the huge amounts of money we are paying why we cannot get the biscuits or the dolphine pills ..It is so infuriating. BTW - used to go down to the Bronx (Hunts Point) and the methadone aquired there was Allways like 3 times stronger than my home clinics med..

i
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rclark231

Male

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:59 pm

hi cj - and ptrsnake from the Bronx - I live inCT and we have the computerized pumps - they Suck , I always drink my med straight and sometimes it will taste bitter , other days - taste like water ..WTF of course get NO help from staff , am told it is all in my head , but I have seen how the methadone ( or should I say methadose - cause thats what we get , a generic crap )comes in as a powder - they then mix it with sterile water to make a solution - who's to say someone isn't siffoning off some of the powder before the solution is made , this may sound paranoid - but about 8 yrs ago - a nurse was caught stealing methadone THREE times before she was fired (and no charges brought against her , was all hushed up) - I cannot understand with the huge amounts of money we are paying why we cannot get the biscuits or the dolphine pills ..It is so infuriating. BTW - used to go down to the Bronx (Hunts Point) and the methadone aquired there was Allways like 3 times stronger than my home clinics med.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ptrsnake

Male
Job/hobbies : retired. Love reading and shooting pool
Humor : Take things as you see them. Be open to views of others
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:31 pm

That's where my clinic is, around Hunt's point. I've watched them put a new bottle of methadose on the pump many time and ours isn't powde. It comes in a big bottle of I don't know how many thousand's of mgs and we get it straight. Then they put it in my takehomes and add water to fill it up. Guess Im lucky or the Bronx methadone is the best lol. I had a nurse rob me and a few others years ago at another clinic with wafers. She'd try to take 1/4 from your wafer before dropping it in a cup. That's why my dose was always equal to the bisquits, 160. No breaking and I watched them going in. I feel for anyone who thinks they are not getting a correct dose because no one at the clinic will pay you any mind. You're just a junkie trying to get a few more drops, as if a few more would do anything.
Pete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finallyachance

Female
Registration date : 2011-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:40 pm

This happened to me one time a whole week I was shorted so by day seven I was sick I mean sick. Luckily we are able to change to the wafers wherein most cases we see whats in our bottles. I read something the other day that said there is no medical or ethical reason to add water to methadone liquid. In doing so it leaves room for staff diversion or more likely available to happen instead of client diversion. I thought that was a prety good point. So by adding water to the liquid this would leave no room to be able to check the dosage with a syringe and that is why they do it so people can not check their dosage with a syringe and see they are being shorted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Den

Male
Job/hobbies : нет
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am

This is such important information for me, I recently read that often in America, the problem of liquid methadone ! . We envy you Americans because we have in Ukraine there is no liquid methadone! . We just pills! And you can not take tablets at home or on prescription! But liquid methadone prescription may be 300 mg. but we have no liquid methadone! . Here's a vicious circle! Laws have generally stupid! . Now we know that the liquid methadone can be deceiving! . Why do not you get a pill you can also choose what kind of drug is??? . I will if get to you to America for a visit I will try the liquid methadone for diversity and to compare! . I wish you all the luck and success and of course all health! Den.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://<a href="http://www.twitter.com/KordenRuf"&a
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who has this problem   

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who has this problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next