Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

methadone possesion charge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BWOOD348

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-28

methadone possesion charge Empty
PostSubject: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Since i introduced myself Ive spoken with my lawyer and even tho i had a prior percription he seems compleetly against doing anything but pleading guilty to this felony.I feel like his prior knoledge of methadone has influenced his decision not to help with this case but it seems like nothing else can be done. So tommarow i will plead guilty to illegaly possesing my medacine.I had decided to fight these charges in the begining but without a lawyer,it seems to hard. everyone please be careful with your meds because discrimination against people on methadone is as real as racial or religous discrimination
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:35 pm

You are absolutely right it is real! That is what we hope to change with the forum and the website is the predjudices we go through as methadone pts. It is wrong and it is not fair to judge someone like that.

I am sorry you are having to go through such a horrible time. If you need anything, we are here for you so hang in there!

RuthAnn
Back to top Go down
BWOOD348

Male

PostSubject: Re: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:21 am

well i didnt pleed guilty i ask for a continuance to look for another lawyer,pissed the judge off but she gave me a continuance its all just to tidy up there they hand out felony convictions up there like gum that judge pays no atention to the law she wants her own show on telivision I guess You never see evidence get thrown out of her cases she dosent even see the posibility that a defendant mite be the victim in a case and if they are shes just another crimanal lined up to victomize them
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

Bwood,
You just mentioned that you never see evidence get thrown out in that judges court. Do you have any evidence of your own that you can use? When do you go back to court?
It sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. If you are found guilty in your state what are you looking at? What will your sentence be?
As RuthAnn said in her post, we are trying to change the way people look at the patients through our websites and forums. WE need more people to speak out about the injustice they face everyday.

If you need anything let us know. We are here for you and we do care.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

Last edited by Dee on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids

PostSubject: Re: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am

good luck finding a new lawyer and keep us posted on how things go. take care and if you need us, let us know.
Back to top Go down
BWOOD348

Male

PostSubject: Re: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:00 am

i have evidence of being treated at a clinic prevouse to arrest and after but i was not active at the clinic when i was arrested i had found a cheeper place to get my lo dosage, ten millagrams. Everything was ok until this woman who has been friends with my sister for a long time bullied her way into my life i was taking care of my father who had broken his ancle and was also diabetic so he required a lot of atention.I have three brothers and three sisters but I was avalible more than any one else so i took the responsability, it was pretty hard So when this woman came by one nite saying she needed a place to stay because she was scared of her husband of course me and dad let her stay. She turned out to be evil x10 she tried from the begining to turn dad against me and since hes a drunk and a pervert it eventualy worked since i wouldnt sleep with her she decided to attack me using the police in my town. first she came by where i worked at a house i was remodeling and tried to get me to strike her so she could get me for asault but of course i didnt hit her when she started hitting me i backed away and sprayed at her feet with some paint stripper i had in my hand she finaly left unsatisfied with that she decided to set me up since she knew about my meds. she waited untill i was at some friends house the man was a friend of mine the woman was hers so when me and chris were working on my homework she called psyco who told the police where i was and that i had drugs.I know this because the woman got a guilty concience and had her husband stop me before i left and told me.Well I was pretty mad but not supprised she would do something like this but the police didnt have a reason to stop me even with a tip it has to be armed and dangerous for them to stop you and search you. stupid me didnt even think about my meds being in my pocket so here i am with felony charge posible fifteen years.then on top of that she told my sister that i thretend to burn down the house i grew up in and sahe testified that shit to the judge Ive got to deal with theese charges in frount of so she got me pretty damb good I dont think ill ever trust anybody ever again even if i wanted to and all this time im spending in court and thinking how to defend myself ive gotten behind on my school work to but im still trying. Werll got to go latter
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

PostSubject: Re: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:35 am

I am really sorry you are going through this situation, and I hope that you can get your addiction issues under control and get the methadone you need the right way and the LEGALLY.

I do have to point out though that you were breaking the law by illegally obtaining the methadone from someone else and by not having a prescription for it yourself. It doesn't matter that you use to be a pt at a clinic, the fact of the matter is, you were NOT prescribed the methadone you had in your pocket and you were breaking the law by obtaining it from someone else other than a doctor.

I know that they make things hard for us at methadone clinics, it is expensive and alot of times the staff are not there to really "help" us, but they do have rules and laws about methadone for a reason. We have to abide by those rules. Otherwise it just keeps proving to all the naysayers that what they believe about methadone is true. Not to mention it just makes it harder for us as methadone pts because then they will never let up on some of the laws and rules they have because in their minds, they are right.

Please don't take what I have said the wrong way, I am really sorry you have gotten into this situation and that you have had such a hard time. We will be here to support you in any way we can. I hope you can find a lawyer that will actually have your best interest at heart, but in the end, you are guilty of illegally possessing the methadone.

I would try to get into a legit methadone clinic, show the lawyer and the judge that you are in a legit methadone program NOW and maybe they will give some consideration to the fact that you USE to be in a legit program are now back in a legit program.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
mmtforme

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : the outdoors
Humor : Caddy Shack
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: illegally obtaining a schedule II narcotic   methadone possesion charge EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:16 pm

methadone possesion charge Icon_minipostSubject: no judgement made methadone possesion charge Icon_minipostedSun Feb 07, 2010 10:43 pmmethadone possesion charge I_icon_quote methadone possesion charge I_icon_edit methadone possesion charge I_icon_delete

I think that when you look at this individuals circumstance it all boils down to this: a schedule II narcotic was obtained illegally which means the use of it was also illegal. I can underatand how he feels, everyone has a right to their feelings. but the law does not care about ones feelings or the circumstances that led up to obtaining methadone illegally. I believe he made a choice not to shoot dope and that is a good decision, but that will not sway a judge or prosecuting attorney to give someone a free pass on breaking the law after that fact. If I were in his situation I would get myself into a program, be it methadone or suboxone that does not matter. I would also start getting to some 12 step sobriety based meetings, AA, NA, MA or some Health Realization meetings and Al-Anon if appropriate. I would also get into an outpatient treatment program outside of the methadone or suboxone. I would also start going to weekly meetings with a counselor at the methadone clinic or even a psychologist. All this would go in ones favor and would show the judge you are seriopus about recovery and will go a long way in your favor. Trying to place blame on other people and trying to get your way will only make matters worse. Again, I can understand how he feels, but it will not matter to the judge or the ADA how you feel or why you think it was OK to obtain and use the methadone illegally. I will pray for him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: methadone possesion charge   methadone possesion charge Empty

Back to top Go down

methadone possesion charge
Page 1 of 1