Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weekly drug test

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mmtforme

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : the outdoors
Humor : Caddy Shack
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Weekly drug test Empty
PostSubject: Weekly drug test   Weekly drug test EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm

I have been at my current methadone clinic about 11 months. I have had a relapse in that time, not with opiates but with benzos. Anyways, I have a UA weekly still. It had been reduced to once a month a while ago, but that is when I relapsed. So they decided to have me do it weekly, and I am content with this. I am also on probation. If I didn't do frequent random UAs at my clinic I would be doing them anyways due to one of the conditions of my probation is frequent random UAs. By doing them at my methadone clinic, I kill 2 birds with 1 stone. It is also good for me and it is another tool in my tool box that helps keep me sober. I know some people might feel bothered or violated, but I really think the Us are a good thing. It is my belief that if someone continues to, for example, smoke marijuana that there is not a true desire to be sober. I believe that the use of any mind altering substance that the clinic would test for (crystal meth, cocaine, THC, benzos, opiates, and others) must be taken seriously and Us is a good way to detect this problem and hopefully address the problem.
Back to top Go down
ptrsnake

Male
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : retired. Love reading and shooting pool
Humor : Take things as you see them. Be open to views of others
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Weekly drug test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly drug test   Weekly drug test EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:14 pm

I know your post is old but I wanted to say I dislike ua's but without them I believe I'd relapse. Even after 22 years I choose to go to my MMT clinic 1x week, not 1x month. I need the ua's to remind me of the repurcussions of using. The ua's keep me straight just as the methadone does.
Back to top Go down
oldbrowndog

oldbrowndog

Female
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : I enjoy outdoor activities.
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Weekly drug test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly drug test   Weekly drug test EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:26 am

Welcome to the forum ptrsnake. I had not thought about ua's quite like that but it makes sense. Mine are not monitored so I really don't mind. No one hassles me or gives me any problems where I am at so I am thankful for the respectful treatment. Thank you for the post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekly drug test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly drug test   Weekly drug test Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekly drug test
Page 1 of 1