Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Still a little lost

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sammy

Sammy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Walking my lil Dog,W/ my Husband, Researching on the Computer, being Happy
Humor : I love Humor!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Still a little lost Empty
PostSubject: Still alil Lost :)   Still a little lost EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:15 am

Dee wrote:
Hi Sammy,
I have sent you a pm telling you how to create a new post of your own as well as how to reply to the different posts from the other members. It may take a little but for you to get used to the workings of this new forum as it isn't the same as out old Methadone Forum and a little more complicated. But I'm sure that you will get the gist of it soon.
Best wishes Sammy and if you need any help let us know. We are always here for you.
Dee
Dee Thankyou for your help, yes Iam sorta Lost, I just need all the suport of comming down,I put in a Paper at the Clinic so I can come down 5 mg's a week of the methadone, so I'm on 80 Mg's But Every week I ask my conslier to take me down 5 mg's.so I think this will work till maybe 50 mg's, On the other had my husband did 10 mgs down, today he's on 5 mg's and tommorrow 2.5, then last day 2.5 which is 5 mg's split into 2 day's, I also asked for a Sunday take home,since my husband isn't going to be there anymore, He smoke's a lil weed, because of him smoking it affected my takehome's GRRR, anyway's I thank God it's only 9 blocks from where I live, Dee I like to know how you came off the methadone how many mg's I want to know Your Story, I am very interested in knowing.
Love n Hugs to you and all, Sincerely Sammy. Still a little lost Icon_smile

Last edited by Dee on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : moderator removed email address of member)
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Still a little lost   Still a little lost EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Good morning Sammy,
When I first started my taper from Methadone, I didn't go down as fast as you and your husband has. I talked to the nurse, director and doctor and we all decided together that it would be better for me to go down 5-10mg a month depending on how I felt. Nothing was concrete meaning if I wasn't feeling well on my current dose I would wait until I got used to the current dose then if I felt up to it I would go down another 5 or 10mg.
You have to listen to what your body tells you.
What worked for me may not work for you.
All I can tell you is to Not be in a hurry. If your clinic is taking your insurance and you have no financial reason for wanting to go down. Take is slow. I know your husband had to taper off because his insurance would not pay for his Methadone, but that doesn't mean you have to follow in his footsteps. I understand your wanting to be done with Methadone. But if you base your reasons on everyone else and do things the way everyone else does, you may be setting yourself up for a relapse. You need to be able to work your own recovery.
Take it easy.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

PostSubject: Re: Still a little lost   Still a little lost EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

sammy,
have you had any problems tapering off the methadone? how long have you been in treatment? what was your highest dose? i know this is alot of personal questions & if you don't feel comfortable answering them, that's ok. i was just wanting to hear about the tapering process. i am not sure i am ready to taper but i would like to know how it works from someone going thru it.
thanks!
cat
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Walking my lil Dog,W/ my Husband, Researching on the Computer, being Happy
Humor : I love Humor!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Still a little lost   Still a little lost EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 am

Hi Cat
I'm so sorry it took me so long to answer yr Question, Ok I have been on methadone about 4 yr's now, Right now I am Blind dosing from 55 mg's so I am lower, But I don't know how much lower I am, Reason I picked to Blind dose at thisMg of 55 mgs is because Iwant them to drop me, Other wize I was going to detox 2 mg's a week, which I hear is a great number to detox from expesally at a low dose, Cat there was a time I was on 190mg's reason I was so high on my dose is because I was taking seazure meds, and that Eat's up the methadone, anyway's when I was that High, I drop 10 mg's here n there, then I got to 145 mg's n stopped for a lil bit, then I was detoxing -5 mg's a week, and that was a breeze, then when I got to 105 mg's I detoxed again - 5 mg's a week or every 2 week's, So I'm lower than 55 mg's now. I do hope you get this message, I know there has been horror story's about detoxing off, But alot of those are just BS, anyway's Cat you willbe fine, I hope you can get back to me,soI can know how u r doing, PLEase Forgive me for not answering right away, I will Check in, on you. I wish you all the best of health, PS here'smy e-mail address, you can get a holdof me there in case it's ********* write me Anytime, also I will Check back in 4 you, Sincerely Your Friend Sammy.

*Moderator edited: for safety reasons, please don't post your email address to the forum. It's best to send a private message with your email address to the person you are wanting to give it to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still a little lost   Still a little lost Empty

Back to top Go down

Still a little lost
Page 1 of 1