Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lost/stolen dose

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Lost/stolen dose   Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Today, I woke up just like any other day getting my lock box. I unlocked it and what do I find, NOTHING! My doses were gone. I was thinking that someone came into the house while I was at work and took my doses. I was sick with fear.

I calmly collected myself and called my counselor. I told him what happened. He told me to call the cops and to schedule an appointment with the vice president of the Methadone Clinic. I was so worried that they would just say, "hey your out of luck, see ya in three days." I've always had clean tests and strive to take the clinic and recovery seriously.

So I was on my way to the meeting with the counselor and I got a phone call. The doses weren't given to me, yesterday. They had them at the clinic!! Oh, I was soooo happy. I was hugely relieved! So it turned out to be not such a bad day.

The moral of the story is to always hide your meds well and make sure you have the doses in your box before you lock it up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Lost/stolen dose   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:47 am

Oh wow,
I am so glad for you that they did indeed still have your doses and you were able to get them. I can imagine the fear you must have felt.
And your right, it always pays to double check when it comes to your doses.

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Lost/stolen dose   Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I can only imagine what you were feeling! I am glad it all worked out ok! I wonder why the clinic didn't call you and tell you the day you left without them. They had to have noticed it at some point so why didn't they call and let you know to prevent you from having to go through all of that.

good news is you got your meds, no harm no foul.

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happylady5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lost/stolen dose   Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:00 pm

The nurse didn't even notice that he forgot to give them to me and I didn't notice either. When I was dosing a counselor came up and asked the nurse a question, distracting both of us. So I suggest that when you dose you don't have anyone else talking to you. Now I understand why no one is allowed to come up to the window, because then everyone is more likely to make mistakes. I locked up the box thinking they were in there and the bottles weren't. I think it was half the clinics fault too, but I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. I was just happy that my bottles were there. They should have noticed before I had to call the day after. Scary...

They said they noticed the night before that they were 3 doses over on their count. When I called in the morning, the nurse said she didn't even put two and two together. It was one of the scariest mornings ever. It really sucked. They should have a way to find out who was missing there dose though. I'm sure they thought that whomever it was, they would get a hold of them before they could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Lost/stolen dose   Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah I agree, it is just good they figured it out! I couldn't imagine the feeling though especially not knowing what the heck happened to them! You said the clinic. Don't your bottles have your name on them? They are suppose to label each bottle with an label that has your name, the date you are suppose to take it, them dosage, the docs name clinic name, addy and phone number. Some clinics even have a security seal over each bottle in addition to the label, but I don't know if the security seal is "required" but I know that a name label is.

Had you already called the police and made the report before they realized what had happened?

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happylady5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lost/stolen dose   Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:06 pm

They must print out the labels as needed for the bottles. No I didn't call the police. I didn't know that that was needed, to get your dose, if lost/stolen until after the ordeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost/stolen dose   

Back to top Go down

Lost/stolen dose
Page 1 of 1