Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

basic info about drug screens...........

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

basic info about drug screens........... Empty
PostSubject: basic info about drug screens...........   basic info about drug screens........... EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Those of us on methadone not only have to take drug screens at our clinic, but we may also be asked to provide one for employment as well. We know that ppl have already made up their mind about MMT pts so alot of us don't like to say anything about being on methadone.

If the company is doing just a basic "five" panel drug screen, you are probably safe, but if they do a 10 panel.........it will show up. Course we also know at the clinic they also test for methadone metabolite as well.

Anyhow, I found this little chart I thought I would share with you guys on what is tested for on what drug screens.

The basic drug test used by most corporate drug testing programs is called a Five-Screen (or NIDA-5 or SAMHSA-5) which is testing for five types of drugs:

1.Cannabinoids (Marijuana, Hashish)
2.Cocaine (Cocaine, Crack, Benzoylecognine)
3.Opiates (Heroin, Opium, Codeine, Morphine)
4.Amphetamines (Amphetamines, Methamphetamines, Speed)
5.Phencyclidine (PCP, Angel Dust)

However, many drug testing firms now offer a Ten-Screen which expands to include five additional drugs:

1.Barbituates (Phenobarbital, Secobarbitol, Pentobarbital, Butalbital, Amobarbital)
2.Methaqualone (Qualuudes)
3.Benzodiazepines (Tranquilizers-Diazepam, Valium, Librium, Ativan, Xanax, Clonopin, Serax, Halcion, Rohypnol)
4.Methadone
5.Propoxyphene (Darvon compounds)

One major drug testing company is now offering the Ten-Screen for the same price as the Five-Screen. Result? Many employers end up testing for more, rather than less. Here is a list of other drugs that can be included in drug tests.

1.Ethanol (yes, thats alcohol)
2.LSD
3.Hallucinogens (Psilocybin, Mescaline, MDMA, MDA, MDE)
4.Inhalents (Toluene, Xylene, Benzene)
Back to top Go down
princenoddingham

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-12-01

PostSubject: Re: basic info about drug screens...........   basic info about drug screens........... EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 1:13 am

I really like my take homes....But I smoke Medical Marijuana and that shows up as a dirty test....So I know its not right but I started taking someone's else pee..it worked great for about 4 months...and then my last test came up inconclusive..meaning no traces of Methadone...my caseworker said " all I can say is this is not your pee." I put my head down and said I'm soooo sory I relapsed ( played it off). I was told that even if I keep the urine in the fridge....after 5 or 6 days it starts to loose the methadone trace...the pee...dose that is......is this true...they do not watch you at this faciliaty....does anyone have any knowledge in this....whats the most reliable way to pass besides staying free from pot????
Back to top Go down
HippieGirl

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: basic info about drug screens...........   basic info about drug screens........... EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 am

I wanted to say that It was very hard for me in the beginning as well. I have been thu a lot of stress over the penalties of pot. I finally decided to quit and even though It seems hard I keep praying and I have been blessed. Its hard to trust anything you hear about what metabolite stays in and how long. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: basic info about drug screens...........   basic info about drug screens........... Empty

Back to top Go down

basic info about drug screens...........
Page 1 of 1