Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hospital lost blood draw results

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Hospital lost blood draw results Empty
PostSubject: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 am

I got my yearly physical for the clinic and part of it was to go to the local hospital and get my blood drawn. I took off a morning of work and got the blood draw. Yesterday, when I went to the clinic, they told me that they didn't receive the results (lost the results) from the blood draw. Shucks! I really don't want to do that again. The hospital needs to be more organized. The nurse at the clinic says that it is very common for the hospital to lose the blood draw results, sometimes they lose full files of the clients. Well what the heck. I am going to call the hospital and ask for my medical records and see if they have my results, hope so!

bom
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Hey Happylady! Been wondering where you have been because I haven't seen you posting in a while. That is such a pain to have to do that. At our clinic, they draw the blood there and send it off to a lab so that's not an issue for us. The clinic does know that you actually DID go get the original draw done though right? They know it's not your fault?
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm back!!! I had some issues with my internet but I am happy to be connected, again!! I let the new nurse know that I did get my blood drawn but she really didn't know what to do. I hope that the hospital calls me back and finds my blood work results. No For now I am going to keep calling the hospital and talk to my counselor. If I have to I guess I will do it again. Like a Star @ heaven Sheesh...
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Yes, it is great to see you again.
Instead of calling the hospital and depending on them to locate the records and send them to the clinic, can you go over to the hospital to request a copy of your records in person, instead of relying on the hospital to call you back or find your blood draw records. Here where I live, we can go to our records department and sign a request for the records. On the form they ask where we will be taking our records and I just tell them they are for my doctor. It's never been a problem for me to get them and saves hassle when you need something quick.
Good luck
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:52 am

That is a good idea Dee suggested. I would recomend you ask them if there are any fees involved in getting a copy of anything out of your record though before you go down there to get it. The reason I say this is that I needed a copy of ONE single page to take to my MMT clinic and the hosp/clinic was STILL going to charge me $30 bucks to "copy my medical file". FOR ONE PAGE! They said it didn't matter if it was one page or 100, everyone was charged the same. The only way I could avoid the fee is for my clinic to send over a release that I signed and for them to request it.

So, getting the copies yourself is a good idea, just be sure and find out if they charge for the copies and if so, if it is a cost that you can afford.

Good luck and let us know.
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 am

Good point RuthAnn
I didn't even think about a fee. We aren't charged a fee by the hospital here which I now realize is rare. I know that when I go to the doctors office and need a copy they do charge for those records. I can understand charging a small fee to cover the cost of paper and ink and maybe labor but $30 for one page? Wow!
Anyway good luck happylady.
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks guys great ideas! I will go in person first thing on Monday. I don't think they are going to take me seriously unless I go in there and say they are for my doctor. I will ask about the fee. I really hope that there isn't one. Gotta do, what cha gotta do!

Thank you for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:40 am

Hey guys! I talked to my counselor today about the lost blood draw results. He said not to worry about it and he would take care of it. Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:17 pm

That's great news. I'm glad that it looks like it's going to work out for you.
Enjoy your day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hospital lost blood draw results   Hospital lost blood draw results Empty

Back to top Go down

Hospital lost blood draw results
Page 1 of 1