Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Maine town approves methadone clinic moratorium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Maine town approves methadone clinic moratorium   Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:45 pm

WARREN, Maine (AP) — Residents in the coastal Maine town of Warren have given their overwhelming approval to an ordinance that will keep a proposed methadone clinic out of town for at least six months.

About 240 people packed a school gym Monday night to vote on a six-month methadone clinic moratorium to give the town time to tighten its zoning regulations. Residents have been upset at CRC Health Group's plans to open a clinic.

According to the Bangor Daily News, all but one person voted in favor of the moratorium. A town official told the paper the lone dissenter may have voted against the measure because she didn't think it went far enough.

Methadone clinics dispense methadone to addicts to curb their cravings for drugs such as heroin, morphine and OxyContin.

___

Information from: Bangor Daily News, http://www.bangornews.com

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1