Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stress Relief

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pangyalwilliams

pangyalwilliams

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Stress Relief Empty
PostSubject: Stress Relief   Stress Relief EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am Pam....one of your Forum Moderators if you don't already know that. I have gone "post happy" here today and have another issue we might want to address.

Being a recovering addict like all/or atleast most of us here, stress is a major problem for us. We are use to dealing with our stress by taking drugs. Even with our Methadone, we still go through times that we feel that we need more help to keep from freaking out at times. The first thing we think of is to pop a pill. Atleast that is the first thing I think of. I think it is really important for us to address the issue of "stress relief" because there are so many ways out there that people use to destress and some ways will work for some of us and some won't. It goes back to the whole...everyone is different.

Some people do yoga or go to the gym. Some people take a hot bath or shower with some candles thrown in for good ambiance and some of us just go outside and throw ice cubes at an unimportant object so we can see something break and not do any actual damage. I like that one myself. The hot bath is a good one too. You would be surprised how much some scented candles, one of those inflatable bath pillows and some really good bubble bath will do for your stress. Throw in some soft music and you are on your way.

I am going to do some research and try and find some good suggestions that might help some of you. No matter what, all of us will have stress in our lives at one point or another and maybe if we have some constructive ways to relax that it will help keep us from falling back into bad and unhealthy habits.

Again, thank you for listening and please, please, please feel free to write me a quick note if there are any other topics that we could discuss that would help you. I am willing to discuss anything here as long as it pertains to this forum. Take the time to explore the site and vist our other sites for a ton of information. If you cannot find the information you are looking for than just ask and we will find it for you.

Thanks again everyone. Stay safe and happy and God Bless each and every one of you.

Yours in Recovery and Friendship

Pam

www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Back to top Go down

Stress Relief
Page 1 of 1