Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dose Increase after 8 years on the same amount, normal or un-normal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bryant

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Dose Increase after 8 years on the same amount, normal or un-normal?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 am

Hey Guys and Gals.
I Have been on MMT for about 8.5yrs now and I have been at my 240mgs for most of that time, I split my dose in 12hr intervals and now I am starting to feel like I am losing it. I am feel like I am withdrawing sometimes. Like I need a 10-20mg increase. I have been at the same dose for 8 years or so, if it odd that I might need an increase after all that time on the same amount?

I haven another questions bit I dont know where to post it, OI am gonna be moving ot Tx soon and I would like to move to an area that has Tablets or wafers and has no BS about dose caps or limits or any stupid shit like that, can anyone suggest a clinic with Wafers or Tabs and a great environment? The current place I am in keep threatening me that if I want an increase they will do a P&T and likely take my dose down lower. I dont get it. I ben clean and good the whole time I been a patient there, they have no reason not to trust me.

Anyways...Any help would be great, and Im sorry of I posted my other question in the wrong area. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Dose Increase after 8 years on the same amount, normal or un-normal?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Good morning Bryant,
You have posted in the right spot. Being a Suboxone Patient there's a limit to my experience with Methadone as I was only on it for about four years before switching over. RuthAnn is our resident Methadone expert and I'm sure she will be along shortly to offer her suggestions as well.

Even though you have been on the same dose for most of 8 years without any problems it could very well be that you need a dose increase. Our bodies change over the years and with that our metabolisms also change, there are certain medications or health problems that could affect your dose but as long as nothing has changed in that area, I would imagine it would be your dose.
About the clinics in Texas, again RuthAnn can answer that one. She actually attends a clinic in Texas and is knowledgeable as to what is offered.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help to you than that, but I do want to welcome you to the forum. It's great to have you here with us.

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Dose Increase after 8 years on the same amount, normal or un-normal?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:51 pm

hi bryant, please see your private messages, I answered the private message you sent me and there are a few things I will tell you in the PM that I don't really want to say here on the forum.

I can tell you that my experience with clinics in Tx are only in the Deep East Tx part of Tx and even though dose capping is against Fed Regs, the clinics I have dealt with will still find a way to do so. They WILL make you get a P&T and then they interpret them how they want to keep you from getting an increase. I was on 120mg for 8 yrs and when I tried to get an increase that is what happened to me. I was told if I couldn't maintain my dose at 120mg then maybe it was time i started thinking about getting off methadone. Even though according to SAMHSA my P&T levels according to them meant I should have gotten an increase, they are able to interpret them however they wish and decide whatever they want. BUT again, my experience has been with 3 clinics in the Deep East Tx area.........Huntsville, Conroe and Center Tx.

I did put in your PM that you need to let me know where in Tx you are going so we can look up and see what clinics are available to you. As for which ones do wafers vs liquid and whether they will take you on your dose or not, you will have to check with whatever clinics we find in your area...........let me hear from you so we can get you the info you need.

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bryant

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dose Increase after 8 years on the same amount, normal or un-normal?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanx everyone.

PM Relied to lilgirllost. Thanx. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dose Increase after 8 years on the same amount, normal or un-normal?   

Back to top Go down

Dose Increase after 8 years on the same amount, normal or un-normal?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1