Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 2/23/11

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 2/23/11 Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 2/23/11   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 2/23/11 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 am

If you are a recovering addict there is no doubt that you have been told you have an addictive personality.

People have probably even told you long before you ever realized that you were an addict that you had an addictive personality...but what does that mean?

In order to explain what an addictive personality is you need to first explain the basics of addictive thinking or an addictive belief system. To be be kind of general about it...the addictive belief system is that there is only black and white, no gray area.

Some examples are thinking that perfection is a possible thing or thinking that you should be all powerful and be able to control every aspect of life. Another big one is the thought that life should never be painful and shouldn't require such effort or that feelings are dangerous.

How Addictive Beliefs Cause Addictive Personalities
The people that live with an addictive belief system (myself included) tend to develop certain types of personality traits to help them deal with life. Most are developed as a way of protecting themselves from the suffering that is in direct connection with their beliefs.

Obviously there isn't one type of personality profile that guarantees someone is going to be an addict. That is pretty obvious to anyone who has ever attended an AA or NA meeting. Usually you walk out of there thinking..."well, it takes all kinds".

What needs to be understood is that, for example, someone with explosive anger and someone that is passive aggressive can share a common problem...they both have trouble managing their anger. So even though they exhibit behavior that is on opposite sides of the issue...it's still the same issue.

If you look at it that way, you can see how it can be that all us addicts have so much in common even though we are so different. We end up finding more similarities than differences in each other.

Addictive Personality Traits And How They Can Lead To Addiction
I don't know every single addictive personality trait there is out there but I'm going to list several of them and then also give the reason why the addictive substance fits in with this trait perfectly. If you look at it like this, it's pretty easy to see why some personality traits are considered to make up an addictive personality.

◦Poor Coping Skills
- the addictive activity freezes time, puts our lives on hold and provides just the right distraction so that the we don't have to face any problems.

◦Self-censoring
- the substance eliminates that internal censor allowing the user to feel free and be "him or herself".

◦Need For Immediate Gratification
- the substance provides that "quick fix" you take or drink whatever and you know that within a reasonable amount of time you will be feeling good.

◦Excessive Approval Seeking/Being Obsessed With Image
- the substance can work two ways on this one. Either you are getting approval from whomever you are drinking/drugging with or you end up being numb to the rejection that you are so afraid of in the first place.

◦Self-less
- for someone that feels they don't know who they are, addiction provides a pseudo-identity, even if it's a negative one.

◦Trouble Having Real Pleasure
- addiction provides pseudo-pleasure. This kind of ties in with someone who self censors all the time, they can't let go and have fun but the substance allows that.

◦Intimacy Problems; Feelings of Isolation
- the drug substitutes for a relationship, relieves the feelings of isolation and sometimes the act of getting and using the drug offers a community feeling.

There are many other personality traits that would fit into the addictive personality, I just picked what I feel would be the most common. I actually tried to go with some of what I feel are my own addictive personality traits.

So once you identify that you have these addictive personality traits and you are no longer filling the need with a substance the question becomes...how do you fill the need?

Taken from "What Winners Do"

Если вы восстановления наркомана нет никаких сомнений, что вы сказали, у вас есть привыкание личности.

Люди, наверное, даже сказал Вам прежде, чем Вы когда-нибудь понял, что ты наркоман, что у вас привыкание личности ... но что это значит?

Для того, чтобы объяснить, что привыкание личности необходимо сначала объяснить основы привыкание мышления или привыкание системы убеждений. Чтобы быть добрым общего об этом ... привыкание система убеждений является то, что есть только черное и белое, не серая зона.

Некоторые примеры думаете, что совершенство возможно вещи или думать, что вы должны быть всемогущим и быть в состоянии контролировать каждый аспект жизни. Другая большая мысль, что жизнь никогда не должно быть болезненным и не требует таких усилий и, что чувства являются опасными.

Как Addictive Верования Причина Addictive Личности
Людей, которые живут с захватывающим система убеждений (включая меня) имеют тенденцию к развитию некоторых видов черты личности, чтобы помочь им справиться с жизнью. Большинство из них разработаны как способ защиты себя от страданий, которые находится в прямой связи с их убеждениями.

Очевидно, что существует не один тип личности профиля, который гарантирует кто-то собирается быть наркоманом. Это довольно очевидно любому, кто когда-либо посещали А. Н. или совещания. Обычно вы выходите из мышления есть ... "Ну, она принимает все виды".

Что нужно понимать, что, например, кто-то со взрывоопасными гнева, и кто-то есть пассивное агрессивное можете поделиться общая проблема ... они оба имеют проблемы управления их гнев. Поэтому, даже если они демонстрируют поведение, которое по разные стороны вопроса ..., это все тот же вопрос.

Если вы посмотрите на это таким образом, вы можете видеть, как он может быть то, что всех нас наркоманов имеют так много общего, хотя мы такие разные. Мы не находят больше сходства, чем различий друг в друге.

Addictive черты личности и как они могут привести к зависимости
Я не знаю, каждый привыкание черта личности есть там, но я собираюсь перечислить несколько из них, а затем и дать причина привыкание вещества вписывается в эту черту совершенно. Если вы смотрите на это так, это довольно легко понять, почему некоторые черты личности считаются составляют привыкание личности.

◦ бедных навыкам
- Захватывающая деятельность замирает время, ставит нашу жизнь на удержание и предоставляет только право отвлечение так, что мы не должны никаких проблем.

◦ самоцензуры
- Вещества исключает, что внутренний цензор, позволяющий пользователю чувствовать себя свободно и быть "самого себя".

◦ нужны для немедленного удовлетворения
- Вещества предусматривает, что "быстрое решение" Вы берете или пить все, и вы знаете, что в течение разумного периода времени, вы будете чувствовать себя хорошо.

◦ Чрезмерное утверждении Ищу / одержимости Изображение
- Вещество может работать двумя способами на этом. Либо вы получаете одобрение от кого вы пьете / с давать наркотики или вы в конечном итоге онемение в отказе, что вы так боитесь, в первую очередь.

◦ Self-менее
- Для кого-то, что чувствует, что они не знают, кто они, наркомании обеспечивает псевдо-личность, даже если он отрицательный.

◦ Проблема Имея удовольствие
- Наркомании обеспечивает псевдо-наслаждение. Этот вид связи в с тем, кто самостоятельно цензоры все время, они не могут отпустить и весело провести время, но допускает, что вещества.

◦ Близость Проблемы, чувства изоляции
- Препарат заменяет отношения, снимает чувство изоляции, а иногда и акт получения и использования наркотиков предлагает сообщества чувство.

Есть много других черт личности, которые будут вписываться в привыкание личности, я просто взял, что я чувствую будет наиболее распространенным. Я на самом деле пытался пойти с некоторыми того, что я чувствую, мои собственные привыкание черты личности.

Так как только вы определить, что у вас есть эти привыкание характер, и вы больше не заполнении необходимо с веществом становится вопрос ... как вы заполните нужно?
Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 2/23/11
Page 1 of 1