Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Struggling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JigSaw

Male
Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Snowmobiling, four wheeling, playstation 3, reading
Humor : Working on getting my humor back
Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Struggling   Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Well its been over 2 months sense I started on methadone and im really having a hard time. Yes it has helped me I do give it that its just everyday I think about wanting to use, I have real pain problems aswell and that doesnt help at all. My mind is always racing about wanting to find some pain pills and how dumb I was for screwing up my rx in the frist place etc. Im just confused right now and have no idea what to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 pm

JigSaw,
It has been my experience that if you are still having cravings and your thoughts are centered around using your dose may not be high enough. Even though I am a Suboxone patient now, I still remember when I got into the clinic.
After I was on a stable dose, I no longer had any cravings and my pain was just about gone as well.
I do know that a lot of people who have pain often split dose their medication but if your new to the clinic your still not eligible for your take homes so that would leave out split dosing.
An ideal situation would be no cravings, no withdrawal and no pain.
RuthAnn is usually not here on the weekends but she is during the week. I'm sure she will post to you tomorrow when she checks the boards.
Please check back in and let us know how you are doing. We are here if you need us.
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 am

Hello, I am so sorry that you are still struggling. I agree with Dee, if you are still craving and having trouble, you need an increase. You said you have been in treatment for 2 mnths but you didn't say what your dose is. Have you spoken to the counselor and/or the nurse at your clinic and told them you are having such trouble? There is NO SHAME in struggling, and even if you screw up ESPECIALLY when you are in the beginning stages of treatment and haven't gotten on a stable dose yet so please don't hesitate to let them know of your struggles.

Also, we are here for you so please know that if you need something that we will do whatever we can to help you. If you just want to talk or you have a question or you are struggling and need someone to help you through it, PLEASE let us know.

You can send me a private message through the message center in the forum or you can post just like you did here. I don't care how you reach us just PLEASE DO if you need us.
Hang in there, let us know what you decide to do about asking for an increase but I definately think you need to talk to the staff at your clinic.

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JigSaw

Male

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:49 am

Thank you for your advice, today I am going to a appointment with the methadone doctor to talk about increasing my dose. I guess in order to go up on my dose I need to talk to the doctor frist cause whenever someone is at 140mg which I am, in order to go up they need to go see the doctor. Not sure what I am going to say to him other then I am still craving really bad and thinking about using. I will keep you up to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Good luck with your appointment today. Please stop in and let us know how it goes.
I know it's hard to relax especially when you don't feel well and don't know what to expect. All you can do is be honest about how you feel.
We'll be here when you get back.

Back to top Go down
JigSaw

Male

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Alright heres the deal, I went to the appointment and instead of seening the doctor I saw a nurse practitioner. I was in the waiting room for 40mins cause I guess someone els went ahead of me by mistake. I spoke with her and it looked like she didnt think I needed to go up anymore but I wasnt leaving there until I went up, so she upped the dose 10mg. So im on 150mg now and I have a feeling that 10mg isnt going to make a differents but there is nothing I can do other then wait, which is what I hate the most.

I will give you guys a update on how things are going, thank you very much for your support its good to know im not in this alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:22 pm

JigSaw did she say why she didn't think you needed to go up on your dose? I'm glad for you that you were able to convince her that you did need the increase. Like you said, wait and see how you do at that dose.
If you find that you need another increase, see if you can make another appointment to see the doctor and make sure that doctor will be there that day.
How is your pain? Any better?
You might want to make sure that you document everything that is said, how you feel etc. It always pays to keep a good record. You never know when you might need it.
Enjoy the weekend
Dee

Back to top Go down
floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am

hey jigsaw, This is normal, give your dose a chance, your at the begining.. it takes a few months to get your dose to where your comfortable. In the mean time dont dual on it just take your dose and do your recovery work and It will come together.. dont give up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JigSaw

Male

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:05 am

I have been talking to alot of people and I understand that this may be normal for me but I just want to know at what time does it not become normal? Everyday I fight cravings and think about trying to get my old script back, which was oxy. No matter what I do it will not get out of my head. So I told myself that maybe instead of me having a addiction it could be something bigger? I have been taking pain meds for more then 5 years for my problems that give me pain.

Right now I dont know what to do or what to think of, now im thinking about if I do keep increasing my dose will it even help or change the way things are right now. I am going to tell the dr. there and ask him what will I feel when I think im at a stable dose also I am going to ask him if I could be able to get a script of my oxys and take it for pain with my methadone. Not sure if my dr. will even think about giving me pain meds but he seems like he understands me. But he may want me to go to a pain dr.

So im still lost still thinking about oxys and taking pain meds all day, I feel horrible...its like why did I even quit taking my pain meds...from what I see right now all I really did is quit a oxy addiction for a quitting addiction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   

Back to top Go down

Struggling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1