Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Waking up in pain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chemenglala

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Waking up in pain Empty
PostSubject: Waking up in pain   Waking up in pain EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been on MMT for about a month now, and I am still waking up in the morning (and sometimes thorughout the night) in a lot of pain...specifically severe joint pain in my hands, feet, knees and mid-back, along with some stomach cramps and a lot of chest congestion.

The doctor says he doesn't think this indicates a problem with my dosage (i.e. too low), but I don't see how they could not be connected since, once my dose kicks in, these symptoms go away.

Has anyone had experience with this? Will this go away with proper dosing? Just for information I am currently taking 80mgs, 1x per day.

Thanks!

Lala
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Waking up in pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waking up in pain   Waking up in pain EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Good morning chemenglala,
I responded to your post the other day but for some reason it seems to have disappeared.
How are you doing? Are you still having the pain that you described? I read where the doctor said he doesn't think this has anything to do with your dose, did he happen to say what he did think?
If your symptoms seem to go away after you take your morning dose, then to me it would sound like it does have something to do with your dose. I would suggest trying to talk to the doctor again and explain in a calm manner what is happening.
Some of the signs that a patients dose is too low are:
• runny nose, sneezing;
• abdominal cramps;
• feeling physically weak;
• loss of appetite;
• tremors;
• muscle spasm and jerking;
• goose bumps;
• tears;
• nausea/vomiting;
• yawning;
• diarrhea;
• back and joint aches;
• high temperature but feeling cold;
• sweating;
• irritability/aggression/feelings of uneasiness;
• difficulty sleeping; and
• cravings for the drug.
Please check back in a let us know how you are doing. We are here to help in any way that we can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

Waking up in pain
Page 1 of 1