Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 3/23/11 THE DANCING BEAR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 3/23/11  THE DANCING BEAR Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 3/23/11 THE DANCING BEAR   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 3/23/11  THE DANCING BEAR EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:28 pm

The Dancing Bear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been said that when dancing with a bear, the bear decides when the dance is over. Well the bear that I boogied with for many years was the bear of addiction. This grizzly had two left feet and a very bad attitude.

Dancing Bear always led. Whether we were dancing The Swing, The Two Step or while she did the Funky Chicken on my chest, she always led. In fact she led me nearly to my death.

I thought that it was fun at first. After all, she was a fairly attractive bear and she felt good. She made me feel good and I was able to forget everything else when I danced with her. She promised me that this would be the best dance of my life and She told me that I'd never want to dance with another bear.

It all turned out to be LIES. She lied to me. For many years she dragged me around that dance floor and I was powerless to do anything about it. I was at her mercy. It was no longer fun to dance with her and I wanted to stop. If I tried to break away from her and stop dancing, she would always find me and bring me right back out to the dance floor. It was a vicious cycle that I was powerless to break on my own.

Finally, I could take no more. I surrendered. I prayed. God listened. God answered.... It wasn't easy at first. She really, really loved to dance and I loved the way I felt at the beginning when we first started dancing.

She changed somewhere and the laughing, dancing bear became the crazy, angry bear who would never stop and not let me go without a fight. We fought and fought until she couldn't fight anymore. You see, when fighting a bear, you don't stop when you're tired, you only stop when the bear is tired.

So I got down in the cannonball position, covered my neck and head with my hands and held on for dear life. Praying and fighting inside myself not to give up. To hang in there and protect myself until she finally quit and went away.

Anyone who has ever survived a bear attack can tell you how lucky they are to come out of it alive.

Now I live my life bear free. Completely free from all bears.

The Dancing Bear ~ Anonymous

Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 3/23/11 THE DANCING BEAR
Page 1 of 1