Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
truredhead

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c   Sun May 01, 2011 5:43 pm

I have been on methadone quite some time, 17 yrs. I found out I have hep c several years back when they also dx me with fibromyalgia. The point is I have not found any relief when I am on a flare. The pain is terrible in my joints and my muscles then. I have tried lyrica, cymbalta, and prozac but never stayed on longer than a few weeks. I was scared of having the side effects. Does any one have any luck with these conditions and medicine they have taken? Let me know if so. Thks! I also have high blood pressure so have to watch that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c   Mon May 02, 2011 5:03 pm

truredhead,
I worry about the side effects of medications as well. In some cases the outcome will out weight the negative when it comes to side effects. When you were taking these medications did you stop before the side effects or did you suffer from them?
I ask because all medications seem have some sort of side effect or another and we don't know how they will affect us until we try them.

I have a sister in law who takes lyrica for Neuropathy. She is diabetic and before starting treatment was in severe pain. Some days the pain would be so bad she could not walk. But since starting the medication it has helped her tremendously. So far she hasn't had any of the listed side effects. Everyone is different and reacts to medications differently. If there's a chance that you can lessen your pain then it may be worth a try.
Please keep us posting on how you're doing

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
truredhead

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c   Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 pm

I can not believe no one else has Hep C or fibromyalgia on here? I get no responces from folks! Guess I am too old and have been on this stuff to long(MMT)! Kinda Sad, but I am glad no one else has any conditions like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Den

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : нет
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c   Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:15 am

Welcome truredhead! I sincerely wish you cure your disease or try to ease, I will soon be 3 years as I am on methadone! And I also have side effects when taking written out by my doctor medication! My opinion is that whole reason methadone! I'll try to explain because for some properties it proishodit.Tak as fully synthetic drug methadone and that its action is similar to natural properties but because of this he can not act just as natural and therefore when taking other medications obtained incompatibility of a substance, When I took a course treatment of liver then assigned me to cure liver very badly acted on the overall health and cause pain and general slabost.No its action as a remedy for liver drug exerted even though the side effects! A lot depends on the metabolism in the liver and how it affects or other remedy for it, because first of all need to start from the actions of methadone and in any case need to adjust the dosage and if there is a problem it is necessary that the doctor he worked with the doctor who prescribe methadone! In general, if there is such a serious disease in treatment time needed to give up something and understand that important! Regards Den.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://<a href="http://www.twitter.com/KordenRuf"&a
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c   Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:47 am

Truehead,
I'm sorry that you haven't had any responses to your posting.
I was told about 15 years ago I had fibromyalgia and back then the doctor that diagnosed me had me going into his office three times a week for cortisone injections. It was later that I was told by my primary care provider that to have that much cortisone pumped into you that often is not good and eventually the surrounding muscle and tissue could start to degenerate. I don't know if that was/is true or not about the cortisone. I've never had a flare up nor pain from it. I have pain but that pain is caused by failed back surgeries.

I do wish that someone here would reply to your questions though. I do find it hard that out of 415 forum members you are the only one who suffers. The whole reason behind this forum is so that people have a place to share and open up. I hope your post will encourage others to post.
Have a good day
Dee

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
tokeNsmoke420

Female
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Stay @ home Mama
Humor : pervert...;P
Registration date : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c   Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 am

helllo, I have fibro and hep c (and b but it cld be a positive because of the vaccine i got when i was a child) and i havent experenced any joint pain (other than the normal joint pain i have from the arthritis i have so i cannot relate in that asspect Sad. I do however get sick to my stomach all day long and the only thing that helps is marijuana. (I am in the process of getting my mmc!! Smile ) i have just been diganosed with the hep c and hep b when i got my blood taken when i started my mmt 04/26/2012 so i havent had much XP with mmt or hep c. anyway, i asnt much help at all lol, sorry!!

~Jo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://check out my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/jolene
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c   

Back to top Go down

MMT, fibromyalgia, and hep c
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1