Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thought for Today.. 5/20/2011.. My yesterdays run together

Go down 
AuthorMessage
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Thought for Today.. 5/20/2011.. My yesterdays run together Empty
PostSubject: Thought for Today.. 5/20/2011.. My yesterdays run together   Thought for Today.. 5/20/2011.. My yesterdays run together EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Thought for Today.. 5/20/2011.. My yesterdays run together Though10

All my yesterdays run together.
~ Clara Glenn

Age doesn't demand that our memories become fuzzy, but they commonly are. We often fret over this. We could, instead, make light of it and simply appreciate that we worked our memories overtime for many years. There is no requirement that we have long memories anymore. Our age gives us this freedom.

There are some plusses to having the past run together in our minds. For one, it prevents past tragedies from gaining too much focus. Also, we are able to see how really insignificant many of our trials were. That's a good reminder that our current worries will barely be remembered, even a month from now.

Only today deserves our attention; this gives us an easier set of circumstances to handle. Being caught in the past can hinder our present decisions. The past may offer something to inform our present, but this moment is unique, not like the past at all.

My past is over. My future is irrelevant.
My present is all that matters.
And it is designed especially for me.

Today's Thought is a reading from the book
Keepers of Wisdom by Karen Casey
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

Thought for Today.. 5/20/2011.. My yesterdays run together
Page 1 of 1