Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv Empty
PostSubject: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:06 pm

NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv Welcom11

Hello everyone. We have a new batch of members that have signed up in the past few weeks and I wanted to take a moment to introduce them to you and to welcome them.

They go by the usernames Geslina from Northeastern US ~makarios from Madison, WI ~ Babykin frm Vermont ~ rainy22 from China ~ millpill from San Rafael, CA ~ Peaudi11 from the US ~ chancey35 from Ohio ~ burkylynn from South Carolina ~ cheryl from Southern California and vivv from Mississippi.

Please take a second to welcome them and to make them feel at home.

New members, I wanted to let you know how glad we are to have you with us. This is a great group of people and I know you will feel right at home.

My name is RuthAnn (username lilgirllost) and I moderate for the forum. If you have any questions or problems I want to encourage you to contact me. I will help in any way I can. You can post to the forum or if you wish to speak privately, you can send me a private message through the forum. We are always here for you.

I hope you will feel comfortable enough to share a bit about yourself with us. Are you a patient on methadone or someone who has a loved one on methadone? Or do you work with methadone patients in some way? Please feel free to share something with us.

I hope you will make yourselves at home here and again, if I can be of any help to you, please let me know.

Thanks again for joining our group and I hope to see you around the forum!
Back to top Go down
vivv

vivv

Female
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Stay at home mom to two teenage boys...that pretty much says it all
Registration date : 2011-05-30

NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:56 am

Hi everyone. My name is Vivv and I am currently in a methadone maintenance treatment program in Mississippi. June 1st will be 18 months and it truely saved my life. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am with this program. I had a severe addiction to narcotics, pain pills, hydrocodone to be exact and had this problem for most of the past 13 years. I had tried every way I knew of to get help and get clean. My doctor started me on methadone, but only gave me two weeks of it to taper off of the hydrocodone. It worked so well and somehow I came across an ad for the mississippi clinic and called them and was admitted. I thank God every day for helping me find this place. I am currently on once a week take-homes and I take 110 mg a day of the liquid. It has worked fine for me and have had no reason to ask about the diskettes. I have some side effects that I wish I didn't have but compared to my addiction, I will take the side effects any day of the week. I will start once every two weeks take-homes the week of June 1st. I look forward to talking with everyone.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:36 am

Hi Vivv and thanks for sharing about yourself with us. You should be so proud of your accomplishment! And you are going to get every 2 weeks take out soon so that is something to be excited about too!~

You sound a lot like me with how long you battled your addiction, trying traditional treatment and failing and then having a doctor put you on methadone just to detox you. When I got down to 5 mg twice a day, I just couldn't seem to go down any more without problems. The doc was taking a big risk because he wasn't suppose to be prescribing the methadone to me for detox and he couldn't keep me on it anymore. (He was trying to taper me in a 4 to 6 week time frame). I knew I wasn't going to be able to do it that quickly so I found a methadone clinic. Even knowing as much about pain meds and such as I did, I hadn't really heard about methadone before and was amazed at how well it worked for me. I was addicted to pain meds from about 17 years old till I was 29 so I had many years of abuse behind me and methadone has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I have been on it for 11 yrs now and yes, I know some ppl wonder why after all this time I am still on it and haven't gotten off yet. (my own mom thinks I should have been off a LOOONG time ago) but I know what I can handle and what I can't. I would eventually love to be able to live my life without methadone and without that 360 dollar expense every month, but again, I know what I can take and what I can't and If I have to stay on MMT for the rest of my life to keep from going back to what I was, then I am ok with that.

WELCOME to the group and I hope to see you around the forum in the future!

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Back to top Go down
vivv

vivv

Female
Job/hobbies : Stay at home mom to two teenage boys...that pretty much says it all

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:47 pm

I hear you about being on Methadone for as long as it takes. I can tell you right now, why mess with what works? I am not planning to ever get off! I mean it. What is the point of getting off. It corrects whatever is missing in my brain when I am not on narcotics and evidently I really need that part of my brain fulfilled. If I am functioning well and not getting high anymore or doing the drug seeking behavior I had before, why should I get off if it works. To me that is asking for trouble. They told me I don't have to get off and I am relieved about that! Thanks for your reply. It made me feel good to know someone else thinks like I do. Have a great week. Vivv
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:03 pm

It was good to hear from you again vivv. Yes, I know when I tell ppl how long I have been on MMT, they are surprised and/or wonder why I am still on it. (I don't tell too many ppl, but I still run into this) I have learned that as long as I am ok with it and I have the support of my husband then I don't care what anyone else thinks. He went through alot with me and while he has never been an addict and doesn't understand it from that side, he knows what he went through as well. Neither one of us want to go through that again and I am honestly afraid if I was to get off (IF I EVEN COULD! I have tried before and it resulted in near disaster) then I would go right back to it again.

Matter of fact, we have pain meds here at our house now and the ONLY thing that keeps me from taking them is I know I won't get anything from them because of the methadone. Otherwise, I probably would still try to take them sometimes. It is a horrible situation to deal with and I never want to have to go through that or put my husband and our boys through that again. Thankfully they were too young at the time to remember any of it, they are 11 and 10 now. I have already started talking to them about drugs, alcohol and tobacco and why I am on methadone so I am hoping they don't go through the same struggle.

Ok, rambling.......sorry bout that. you have a great week and I hope to hear from you again.
Back to top Go down
vivv

vivv

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 am

Yes, I understand. My boys are 15 and 17 and unfortunately they have had to know what was going on with my addiction. I talk to them constantly about drugs, drinking...all of it! They really get sick of it, but that's okay. I am hoping that knowing first hand what happened with me will keep them from trying it. I pray for that daily. I know as well that if I was not on methadone that I would go back to using. It just seems there is something wrong with my brain that I am so empty feeling without a narcotic. I absolutely hate it and I feel so weak but I thank God for methadone. It keeps me from craving and even when my addict behavior kicks in and I want to feel something different, I know that, from what everyone says, I would o.d. before I would get anything out of taking pain pills, so that keeps me from doing it. I am very grateful it does. I don't want to let my family down again. I am so glad to hear that it still works for you after all this time. It gives me hope that it will continue to work for me for years to come. Hope you are having a great weekend! flower
Back to top Go down
Den

Den

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : нет
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:19 am

Hello Friends, I want to support the theme of communication and share your thoughts on this topic, I agree at 100% that methadone therapy is the only way! "Thank God he is and thanks to methadone, many began to live and find a way out of the deadly road to hell! Can confidently say that no other remedy, I'll drink methadone long as I live!
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.twitter.com/KordenRuf"&a
vivv

vivv

Female

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Amen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv   NEWEST MEMBERS!  Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv Empty

Back to top Go down

NEWEST MEMBERS! Geslina ~ makarios ~ Babykin ~ rainy22 ~ millpill ~ Peaudi11 ~ chancey35 ~ burkylynn ~ cheryl ~ vivv
Page 1 of 1