Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

how do I get a raise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
truredhead

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: how do I get a raise?   Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 pm

I need some advice on how to approach the doc to get a raise. I know I can not mention pain at all. I am not getting the best dose for me after MMT for 15 years. I know I felt so much better at my 160 mg then I started coming down on my own to 120, now I can not get him to let me go back up. IT is a battle every time I ask. any suggestions? I have had the peak and trough test and of course it said dose is holding me. Guess I should go the craving route?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilgirllost
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: how do I get a raise?   Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:56 pm

I always cringe when I hear someone with a situation like yours, the reason is because I HAVE been there, I AM there and I know what you are going through. I won't go into the long details of my story, but I have been on MMT for 12 yrs now and am at 130mg and need an increase. The peak and trough according to the original doc I was seeing said I was OVER medicated, but he was going by his own interpretation and not what SAMHSA and other medical professionals say is the normal range.

At this point, I don't think the craving route will work for you either. I can't believe that you were once on 160mg, you tried to go down and now the doc won't go back up again?? It is the same doc, right??

I do have a name and number of someone you may consider contacting who helps methadone pts fight for an increase. Having said that, it boils down to the fact that you are basically filing a complaint so you will need to be prepared for how your clinic may react to that. LEGALLY they are not suppose to but anyone who has been in MMT at a clinic any lenght of time knows that the clinic has their own ways of punishing you and getting back at you. So you need to consider if this is something you want to do.

You will need to document as much as you can with whatever you can remember, dates, names, times and such before you contact this person. That way he will have as much info as he can get from you. You may want to do that anyway (document what has been going on) regardless of whether you talk to this guy or not.

I am sorry you are going through this. I do know how you feel and it is so frustrating. Especially when you have been in treatment as long as you have.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your peak and trough results? If you prefer not to answer that is ok or if you want to do so in private, you can message me through the forum.

Take care and hang in there. Let me know what you want to do. Regardless, we are here for you so don't hesitate to reach out to us.

RuthAnn
aka lilgirllost

We are not bad people trying to become good, we are sick people trying to become well.

Methadone; A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and
we will call you at our expense.
Office: 1-770-334-3655~ Cell: 1-770-527-9119
Email: mrdeanv@aol.com
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICKLY CONFIDENTIAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Den

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : нет
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: how do I get a raise?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:54 am

Hi all, I want to try to give you advice, I am on methadone therapy three goda.Moya medication dosage 145 mg. Several months ago there were 160 mg.Mogu say frankly to me is enough 145 mg.Moy Council will therefore try to hold those on 120 mg. 3-4 months and I'm sure your body gets used and even you'll feel the methadone! This is from personal opyta.Speshka not needed, you tolerate a little discomfort after the lower dosage medication and after 2 months the body will get used to and you'll feel normalno.Den .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://<a href="http://www.twitter.com/KordenRuf"&a
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do I get a raise?   

Back to top Go down

how do I get a raise?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1