Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Minnesota

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mmtforme

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : the outdoors
Humor : Caddy Shack
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Greetings from Minnesota Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:04 am

Hi, My name is Seth and my username is mmtforme. I'm actually not new to this forum. I believe I joined in 2009, but for reasons that will be discussed at another time, I was absent for at least 8 months. I have returned, but my old username (halfmarathon6) has been retired. So whether you remember some of my old posts, that is great. I live in Stillwater, Minnesota and I'm a drug addict and alcoholic. I have been on methadone maintenance therapy (mmt) since April 2009 and I've been sober for 21 months. I'm looking forward to being active in the forums by posting and reading posts of others. We have a wonderful resource here and a great bunch of people. Together we are strong!
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Greetings from Minnesota Nw_sum11

It's great to have you back Seth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
mmtforme

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:33 am

Thanks for the warm welcome back. One of the many lessons I've learned is that recovery is not a solo sport. I am very grateful for the connections I have made in my sober life. This forum is a great place for me to get out of my shell and share part of myself, my victories, my losses, my past and goals for the future. Thanks again for the warm welcome back.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:45 am

Well hello stranger! We are so glad to have you back, I had wondered where you went to.

You are absolutely right, it is not a solo sport and we are still here for you if you need us.

I hope to see you around more often now that you joined us again.

Don't be a stranger and don't hesitate to reach out if you need to.
Back to top Go down
mmtforme

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 am

Hi, It has been since June that I posted and I have no excuses. I want to say hello to everyone, but a special hello for a few wonderful people who know who you are. I'm still at Valhalla Place Clinic, where I started mmt in April 2009 and I recently celebrated 2 years of sobriety on September 5. My family and friends were all there to see my Dad, for the 2nd year in a row, present me with my 2 year medallion at AA. I hope to see some of you around the forum.
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am

Hey there!
It is great to see you.
Congratulations to you on your 2nd year, you must be so proud as you should be.
It is always good to hear from you, stop by again when you have time. You are always welcome.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
mmtforme

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:38 am

Hi Dee, I'm happy to hear from you. You all have done so much work on the site and I for one am extremely grateful for that. I'm trying to "get out of my head" more often, I think that opening up and sharing some of my thoughts and feelings on the forum is a great way for me to do just that. Thanks for your kind words. I give a great deal of thanks to my family, mainly my parents, for their unconditional love and support. It is the people in our lives that make a real difference, I couldn't have gotten where I am without friends and family!
Back to top Go down
Finallyachance

Finallyachance

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 pm

hello mmtforme I am new on this site actually I am new to anysite as far as forums are concerned I am slowly figuring out how it works. I had hit a crisis with a rogue clinic and I reached out anywhere I could for support and answers and this site and one other helped me thru it. Well I am still getting it resolved tomorrow I face the director and the two nurses I filed a grievance on so wish me luck. Anyways it is amazing how empowered I have felt facing this difficult time knowing that I have friends that I can talk to on the computer when I get back from the clinic. I am no where near as scared as I was this time last week. Finallyachance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Minnesota   Greetings from Minnesota Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Minnesota
Page 1 of 1