Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gagirl30248

Female
Number of posts : 9
Job/hobbies : Photographer, Methadone Advocate
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia   Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:56 pm

I can not explain how happy I am to find this site. I am Cooper a 35 year old woman who has been in a MMT for 1 year and 1 day Very Happy Methadone gave my husband back his wife my children back their mother and me back my life. I will never forget the day I walked into my clinic sick as a dog throwing up every where crying. They took me in and took such good care of me and treated like a real person. From reading the stories on here I understand how lucky I was. I get so mad reading some of this stuff on here. I hate to think about what alot of you have went through. I do understand the judgement others can have on us for being in a MMT program. It is so not fair andI hope to live long enough to see it change. Before I got into a program I remember getting online and reading about others but not one time did I ever read good things about methadone. I live in a small town and have lived in this area my entire life. I was so scared someone would see me at the clinic. I wouldnt even look others in the face. But after I saw the difference it made in my life all that changed. I am now proud to say methadone saved me. I am SOOOOOhappy to see so many people on here from Georgia because I want to meet more people like me!! I am in the process of starting a group at my clinic and I would love support. I have a passion for this and I know Gods plan for my life is to help others like us to not have to suffer in silence ANYMORE. SOOO I want to help but I need help to find out how to get statred.....If anyone reads this PLEASE respond.....we dont have to be alone in this either way You never know how I could help you or you could help me!!!
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia   Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Photobucket

gagirl30248,

Welcome! It's great to have you here with us. My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. We also have RuthAnn who is our main moderator. I'm sure she will stop by to welcome you as well once she sees that you have joined us and posted.

It is great to see someone that has such enthusiasm. It's also always great to hear something about one of the good clinics.
We have an area on the forum titled, "Rate Your Methadone Program" The link to that area is:
https://methadone.forumotion.net/f7-rate-your-methadone-program

Please feel free to post about the clinic that you attend. It is always helpful when someone is looking for a clinic in their area and sees something posted.
Take some time to read the posts of the other members and if you see something that interests you please comment.
We are here to offer you any support that you might need and hope that you will continue to post.
It is great to meet you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
poohbear

Female
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : enjoy the pools and playground with my kids
Registration date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: hello    Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Im poohbear from Kentucky. Just wanted to say hello. cat
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia   Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 pm

hi gagirl,
Welcome !!!! Im Floydfx from Cali, I will have 7 years clean october 5th!!!!!This site is very helpful, alot of sosiaty does not understand our medicine

I believe its just ignorance, lack of info out there..Im kinda surprised methadone hasnt gotten attention these last years, because it seems the drug of choice these
days is Painkillers..ya know??

Anyway Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia   Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Yall from Locust Grove Georgia
Page 1 of 1