Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hi Everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sammy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Walking my lil Dog,W/ my Husband, Researching on the Computer, being Happy
Humor : I love Humor!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Hi Everyone   Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:54 am

Hi Everyone Smile
I just want to introduce myself to everyone. I'm 43 yr's old, Married to a wonderful man who is my best friend, I'm a Mom of 2 son's, my oldest is 23 and is in the Marines, my younger son is 16 and a Honor Student, and want's to become a nurse, I am very proud of my sons. My husband and I have been on Methadone almost 3 yr's, my husband is comming down due to the fact that his Insurance doesn't cover him anymore, But I am on SSI, so I am eligible, my husband is on SSD, so I guess he is a few dollar's over the cost of living, so this is why he is not eligible for the State Access Card., He is coverd for 14 more months, so he has that time to come off of it, I just pray it is a smooth ride for him. If anyone has any advice on what to do when comming down off methadone please feel free to let me know of anything that would help my husband be as comfortable as possible. Well, I hope I get to talk to you all and get to know you. Have a great Day. Hugs!
Sincerely, Sammy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Welcome, Sammy and About Tapering..   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Sammy,
I am glad to see you have joined with us and I want you to know I am so thankful for your help. If you are interested in working as a Moderator, then please let me know because I am sure Dee can use some help. I am going to try and be here more often because I want everyone to personally get to know me and to know I really do care about each and everyone of you.
You have always been here for me and have been a faithful friend and I appreciate it. I am sure Dee has told you I am having work done on my teeth and it has really been "just awful!" I beg of all of you to take care of your teeth. I can't understand why I have so much bone which needs removal but it has taken three times. I am just hoping after all of the work is done, I can wear the dentures they are making for me. I am having a lot of trouble adjusting to them being in my mouth. Do any of you have dentures and /or posts? I have a partial on the bottom and it doesn't bother me but using Polygrip makes me feel really old! (Ha!)
I had bone removed, yes for the third time and I still have stitches in my mouth and it isn't easy for me to talk yet. They pulled the remainder of my upper teeth and I have to wear a temporary denture over the upper part until my gums heal affraid I really hope all of it turns out well because it has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. Have you had any of this work done on yours or is anyone has any advice to give me -I am open to it.
I just wanted to let you know what I have been up to and if I haven't wrote you personally, it isn't because I wasn't thinking of you -it was because of having to drive to Birmingham, Alabama just to have the work done and I believe you know I am far behind in all my work on everything, even though we are still ranking high with our statistics. I am working on a new , "Medication Assisted Treatment" mainly featuring "Methadone" but Suboxone, too. I will be able to make a draw on my Grant as soon as I get more work done but I am taking my time because I want it to be really educational and I want it to hold my audience captive. I think you know what I mean and I am really trying to explain it simply so maybe I change the public's opinion of it.
I am hoping to see you posting and assisting us in answering any questions and sharing your experiences with methadone and I will be providing a place to tell your own story but thank you for opening up and sharing about yourself. I am hoping others will follow your lead and share about themselves. We all have methadone in common and none of us have anything to be fearful of nor ashamed of. Thank you, Sammy for being there when I needed you.
I will be sharing some information to help your husband. If others have any advice then please speak up? We can learn from each other.
Deborah
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hi Everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Forum News :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: