Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What are you feeling Thankful for today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldbrowndog

Female
Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : I enjoy outdoor activities.
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: What are you feeling Thankful for today?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:40 pm

sunny Hello Eveyone.... I just finished getting my little Thanksgiving Turkey ready to go in the oven and I was checking email, the board etc. I noticed that the board has been quiet lately and I thought I would at least give everyone an opportunity to get back together if your still watching this site and are out there somewhere??? My question is... What are you feeling Thankful for this year? I am thankful for good friends and family. My life has taken quite a turn this year. The world events, economy and general sad state of the people on our planet does not give me a good feeling most days. The news which I used to watch every day is now a source of great discontent and I wonder constantly where we are all headed as it all seems very bleak at times. I have enjoyed the new friends I have made this year who have been a source of light for me during some very dark times. Thank you to EVERYONE here who have been supportive and kind. I hope all of you have a good holiday and find something in your own lives that gives you a feeling of thankfulness. It occoured to me through this hard year that even simple things like your favorite coffee in the morning, a kind word from a friend, an electric bill lower than what you expected and yes I know I am digging deep here but the point is all those little things we take for granted when life is good are actually all things to be very thankful for every day.

More than anything else I am thankful for the people in my life. I honestly would rather be poor in money and rich in friends than rich in money and alone. I have heard people say that you are never alone when you have money. I have been both rich and poor financially speaking. It is my experience that some of the people who called themselves my "friend" during my financially wealthy times were actually only a friend to the money and not to me. Genuine and True Friends AND Family are there by your side to help you weather the storms of your life. They are not of the "fair weather" type. Those will soon disappear the moment the water gets a little rough. It has been hard on me at times in my life just to understand that some of the people in my life were only there to get what they could get from me. Giving all you have emotionally, mentally, financially etc to someone you think is a friend/family only to find out later that you were being used is in my mind one of the hardest things in life to go through. It is a lasting hurt and not one that is easily forgotten. This is why I value so highly all the good people in my life who honestly care and love me for the right reasons.

A speciall thank you to Ruthann and Dee! Ladies you have been so kind!! Thank You!!

I check this site regularly so please post your comments below and tell me what you feel thankful for in your life. No matter how big or small it is important and even if it is not Thanksgiving, I am still interested in you and your thoughts. I love you

monkey oldbrowndog
a little beat up but still kicking! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Den

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : нет
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeling Thankful for today?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:16 am

Good Day to all! . Gentlemen I congratulate you on the occasion of Thanksgiving! . It is unfortunate that we have in Ukraine does not have such a beautiful holiday! . But I know how important this holiday for you in America! And for this I congratulate you all and wish you happiness in the house of love and love loved ones! . I can tell you that it is very comforting to know that on the other side of the earth have friends! . Although the earlier of such could only dream of what works wonders vsetaki Internet! . Good luck to you and hello from Ukraine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://<a href="http://www.twitter.com/KordenRuf"&a
D
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeling Thankful for today?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:57 pm

I have many things in my life to be thankful for. I have the unconditional love of my family, the ones who have stuck by me and had the courage to believe in me.
I like a lot of other people have lived through being homeless and not knowing where I would get the food I needed to feed my son and I am thankful for those times because they taught me to be a little more thoughtful of others and to realize that the smallest of things mean the most to those who don't have it.
I am also thankful for all of you here on this forum, the friends I have made here and the ones we have been able to help.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and I hope your days are full of love and much happiness.

"I will let yesterday end so that today can begin"

Never take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeling Thankful for today?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:33 am

Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a good holiday.
Im thankful for First of all God above without the guidest of my higher power I would not be breathing... Im thankful for my very supportive Family and friends, who just love me and not judge me. And I am So very thankful and grateful for METHADONE,, It saved my life. and my cousler at my meth clinic... shes wonderful....
And i am thankful for this site, Dee and Ruthann and everyone on here, thank you for just being here and your wisdom.
Lots Of Love
Debbie
PEACE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finallyachance

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeling Thankful for today?   Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:03 am

I am thankful for people like you oldbrowndog, Ruthann, and Deborah etc.... that take my complaints seriously and help me resolve them in my mind. and....even help me know how to resolve them in the methadone arena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeling Thankful for today?   

Back to top Go down

What are you feeling Thankful for today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1