Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Methadone Vitamins

Go down 
+8
Jess25
lgates1204
Admin
SunshineSmiles
lilgirllost
4meandu
D
colleen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
colleen

colleen

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:38 am

I have been on methadone for 9 months. Since then I have been struggling with chronic constipation. I have tried several over the counter remedies ( milk of magnesia & stool softeners) with very little success. I overheared several people at my clinic talking about this problem and someone had mentioned that there was a vitamin supplement desgined for methadone patients that helps with some of side side effects like constipation. Has anyone out there heard anything about this? Also, any advice anyone has for helping with constipation due to methadone please let me know!

Thanks!
Colleen confused
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi Colleen,
Have you tried adding more fiber to your diet? I looked around online and found a product that is supposed to be for patients on methadone. Does the name Vitadone sound familiar to you? They say the special thing about this supplement is that is does not contain Iron because many Methadone patients have Hepatitis and cannot have the iron.
I personally have not tried the product, maybe if anyone else here has they can give you their experience.
You can try the addition of more fiber to your diet, more fruits, vegetables and a mild laxative. That's all I can give you on that one.
Anyone else?
Yours,
Dee

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Justified)
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
4meandu

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:34 am

I too have a Major problem with constipation. From what other people have said the vitadone has mixed results. Some say they love them; but most have said they are no different than any other vitamins. The only thing that has seemed to work for me is lots and lots of water and fiber. I also take equates brand of a sool softener with a laxitive made in with it. I also use glycerin suppositories if I have to to get it going. I would love to hear any other ideas myself.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:42 pm

I have a horrible time with constipation myself. I had a hard time with it before I started methadone but I think that was because of all the opiates, but the methadone made things so much worse.

I have high blood pressure too so the straining is not good for me either and I don't mean to be too graphic here, but sometimes it was just an awful experience. It got to where I just dreaded having to "go" because I knew it was going to be a difficult process.

I have never tried the Vitadone, but I have tried more liquids, stool softeners and laxatives and the laxatives just gave me horrible stomach cramps and I didn't seem to get much help from the stool softners and/or adding fiber or fiber suppliments.

I did have some luck for awhile with the Citrucil Chews, but I guess they quit making them because I can't seem to find them anymore so I am back to my old stand- by method.

I too am at a loss for what to do. Right now, I just hope and pray it all "comes out" ok and for the times that it doesn't (again, sorry for the mental picture I am about to impose) Embarassed but I keep vaseline and medical gloves near by.

I actually have to keep a packet in my purse with a glove and lubricant because there was one time I was caught away from home and couldn't get "done" and it was a HORRIBLE experience....I won't even go there as to how I got out of that one.... but ever since then, I have kept a little packet in the side pocket of my purse. I never want to have to go through that again.

SO! Now that I have thoroughly grossed everyone out for the day and gave you waaaaay more personal information about myself than you probably care to know..........if anyone has any better ideas I would LOVE to hear em! AND PLEASE don't tell me to drink more fluids and eat more fiber.............. lol!
Ruthann, Your Moderator

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited)
Back to top Go down
SunshineSmiles

SunshineSmiles

Female
Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : waitress
Humor : I can garauntee you won't find nobody else lik me!
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Vitadone   Methadone Vitamins EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:47 pm

At my clinic you can get Vitadone for $26 for a one month supply,the directions say take one at each meal so you get 90 vitamins. The more you buy you get a better discount! I never remember to take them that way so I take 2 before I go to work. We have been on them for several months and can see a big difference, they have such a higher level than regular VITAMINS. We sweat ALOT less, I use the bathroom every day when I get home from the clinic! I haven't been this regular in I don't know how long! You feel better all around!!
I would highly recommend to anyone that it is worth investing in 1 month and trying them. If you don't feel different than you are out a little cash and you know you should take a regular vitamin but I really believe that you will feel better in several different ways!!

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled)
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Where can you obtain them My OTP doesn't offer them and in fact have never HEARD of them! Can you get them at Walmart's or do you have to buy them online?

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Justify)
Back to top Go down

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:22 am

I have a friend who takes Vitadone. They sell it at his clinic. My clinic doesn't sell it but I really would like to try it. He says it works great, not just for constipation but also the vitamins help him feel healthier. I really need to try them I think. It couldn't hurt. If anyone knows where to get them, let me know (My friends clinic is an hour & half away).
Thanks,
catherine

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 51

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Methadone Vitamins And Constipation   Methadone Vitamins EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Methadone Vitamins H2710
Thank you all for your advise and I believe you covered almost everything you could use. I believe most all of us taking opiates and/or methadone has a problem with constipation and some of us more than others. Thank you so much for telling it just like it is Ruthann because it is exactly what they will do if you end up in the Emergency Room (if all else has been tried).
As for me I usually use Colace (stool softener) six in the morning and six at night. I learned this while working at Emory University Hospital. You keep raising the dose until it is enough to soften your stool. You should drink as much fluids as possible. I do take a laxative once weekly, no matter what, to make sure I am not constipated. I keep Mineral Oil/ Glycerin Enemas on hand just in case, but rarely ever have to use them but if you need help getting it to come out -mineral oil is the best to use.
I have a wonderful article on my website about Constipation and it explains it all and gives you some good ideas. I feel like all of you will enjoy it and get something out of it so check it out at:
http://www.MedicalAssistedTreatment.org/35901/496626.html

Now, concerning Vitadone. Many of you asked where you could obtain it at and I am going to tell you. You can call 1-800-504-1161 to purchase it and to ask for more information on it.
You can purchase it online at http://www.vitadone.com

Vitadone

Does it work?
Based on all reports from the people who have used it. Vitadone does ally the symptoms on the brochure. Increases energy and stamina, Minimizes sweating, Stops sugar craving, and Helps you to have regular bowel movements. (click here to read comments and letters)

How often do I take the Vitadone?
It is recommended that you take one pill after each meal for best results. However if you are severely constipated we recommend you take two (2) pills after / or with each meal or six (6) per day.

How do I know it will work for me?
There is no way to guarantee that it will work. However, it was developed in a Methadone clinic using methadone patients. (click here to read the original study.)

Can I purchase Vitadone locally?
It is available in a few places. I am trying to get it in more clinics as well as drug stores and health food stores. If you would like it to be available in your area, please contact me and I will talk with them about selling the product.

Are there any side effects to Vitadone?
There are none known. However, as with all vitamin-mineral supplements it is best to take with food or after eating. Vitadone is made up of all nutrients your body needs to function therefore there should be no "side effects".

How long should I take Vitadone?
Because Vitadone is a good vitamin mineral supplement you may continue taking it even after you no longer take methadone. Anyone can take this supplement. It actually is good for anyone to give them increased energy. Because we do not eat a sufficient amount of the right foods we all need to supplement our diet.

Why is Vitadone better than other vitamin mineral supplements?
All vitamins and mineral supplements are not the same. click here for the reason.

Will it work for other problems?
We have reports from customers that it has helped some to lose weight. Some have reported that it helped them to perform better sexually. Research has been completed that indicates it may help with some symptoms in diabetes and for people in cancer treatment.

Will your products interfere with other medications I am taking?
Generally speaking the answer is no. However, it is always best to consult with a physician who is familiar with supplements.
Vitadone:

90 cap. bottle $24.95 +$6.50 s&h.

Buy 3 for 74.85 and get free s&h buy 6 get one free and free s&h!

Special! Buy 6 bottles of Vitadone and get 1 free! No s&h! $149.70

Now a nutritional supplement formulated especially for methadone patients!

Methadone, while offering valuable attributes and benefits to those who need it, creates an assortment of health issues. With its aggressive formulation of vital nutrients and vitamins, Vitadone potently addresses such real-world issues as regularity and constipation related to the use of Methadone. And since iron apparently causes severe problems in some Methadone unit, Vitadone has no iron. Idea
Try this patented and tested product. Simply take 1 tablet 3 times per day with a glass of water and feel the difference. Other methadone patients got more energy and help with their constipation problems. You can too!!
For information on Nutritional Status and Immune Function of Methadone users please click here.
For more information on active principals of nutritional supplements click here.
What’s in Vitadone? Click here to find out!

Thank you. If you have any more questions, please we would like to hear them and I thank all of you for letting us know you want more information and need help with constipation.
Back to top Go down

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am

Deborah,
thanks so much for the info on how to get vitadone. i really want to try it. so many of the vitamins & minerals in it, i really need. especially if it will help w/ energy & sugar craving & sweating like a crazy person!
thanks!!!!
cat
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Cat,
If you do try VITADONE, please let us know your experience with it. I would like to hear from someone that I know for sure has actually tried it and not just the sellers claims. So, if you (or anyone else from the forum) actually use it, please let us know how it works.

Ruthann
Back to top Go down

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:23 am

hey RuthAnn,
i really want to try the Vitadone. i read all the info on it at the website Deborah put up. i am wanting to try it also because an aquaintance of mine takes it - it's mandatory at his clinic - & says it does help w/ constipation & energy. got to order it as soon as i can so i can try it & let yall know!
cat
Back to top Go down
lgates1204

Male
Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : oil field
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Vitadone   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:10 pm

I am on vitadone and it is a godsend when i first started i was instructed to take double at first for two weeks 2 in the morning 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner and then after 2 weeks 3 a day this stuff really works people told me that u can take other multi vitiams but they dont work like the vitadone it is the best 30 a month u can spend it gives me added engery helps with bowl movements sugar cravings and sweats i recomend them to every one . and vitadone has no iron in it so it is safe for people with hepitas to take it 
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:24 pm

thanks for sharing your experience with vitadone. We can read all the info from their websites but that could all be untrue info. That is why I like to hear from REAL people who aren't being paid to say so and have actually used it. Yeah, the sweet cravings amd sweating are pretty bad for me too. I hate the sweats, sometimes it just pours off me! We live in Southern Louisiana so with the crazy humidity here, it is just awful.

Do you buy yours from your clinic or do you get the vitadone from somewhere else?
take care now and thanks so much for sharing!
Back to top Go down
lgates1204

Male
Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : oil field
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Reply   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:22 pm

I get them at the clinic for 30 dollars a month but I think you can get them cheaper if you buy on line in bulk
Back to top Go down
Jess25

Female
Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : nursing
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 am

ruthann,
my hubby and I are both on methadone and we both have alot of side effects from the methadone ie sweating, constipation, lack of energy etc.. We have decided to try them our clinic gives out the brochures for vitadone but they do not offer it there, so we are going to try it on our own very soon. will post when we start taking them and let you know if they work and are worth the 30.00 a month... keeping my fingers crossed that they do!!
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Jess25 thanks for letting me know that you guys will be trying it and I really would like to hear if they work for you or not.

I am being nosy but with both you and your hubby on methadone, I bet it is expensive! My husband and I talk about that alot............that it's a good thing as expensive as it is that we both aren't on methadone at a metadone clinic!

take care and please do let me know how they work!
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Where do you get vitadone?
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:04 pm

floydfx
On page one of this topic, Deborah has posted the information that you need. It includes a phone number for ordering and also questions.
Enjoy your evening.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:21 pm

thank-you very much
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: need help in the bathroom?   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:00 am

My docter at my clinic suggested that we use mineral oil for the constipation. We went to the store it was only 2$. Before bedtime, I take 3 tablespoons. It's tasteless, colorless and oderless. It also works wonders! Also, your body doesn't get dependant on it. I use it whenever i have trouble going and it helps alot!
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:20 pm

I have tried the mineral oil and I just can't seem to swallow it! As crazy as it sounds it just can't seem to get it to go down. My husband uses it (he's not on MMT but he swears by it making things "regular") but I just can't seem to get it down.

It is the feeling of it being so thick that causes me trouble, like it is going to choke me or something. I know how wierd that sounds......... Wonder about adding to to a drink or something?
Back to top Go down
Happylady5

Happylady5

Female
Number of posts : 93
Humor : It's a great day to be alive!
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Mineral Oil   Methadone Vitamins EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:13 pm

I know what you mean about not being able to swallow the thick mineral oil. Milk, milk has the same consistantcy as mineral oil. I would mix it with a glass of milk and you wouldn't even be able to feel it. It sure is worth it. After a couple days of taking that it keeps me "regular"! Methadone Vitamins Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 pm

oooo! I will have to give that a try! thanks!
Back to top Go down
truredhead

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Does Vitadone help?   Methadone Vitamins EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:39 am

I have been on the clinic since 1995 and then a few years back found out I have hep c . I am wondering if the vitadone might possibly be worth the money and if it helps? I have dropped from 140 to 110 in several months, taking it slow. Seems like I feel a little better too. Of course with the hep c and also fibromyalgia I have little energy most of the time. I believe my people on the program will be the best ones to ask for feedback. Has it helped anyone here? Please let me know. I take a few antioxidents, vitamin B complex, vitamin c.
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:53 am

I have tried vitadone and PERSONALLY for me, it did not make me feel any different and it certainly didn't help my constipation, sugar cravings or regular cravings. HOWEVER, I have heard some ppl swear by it and that it helps them greatly. We already have a section about VITADONE and/or NUTRIDONE, if you will click this link you can see what others have already said about it.

https://methadone.forumotion.net/t96-methadone-vitamins

and here is another link where it was talked about

https://methadone.forumotion.net/t783-safe-vitamins

Here are the ingredients in vitadone and nutridone. They are exactly the same as any multi vitamin you may find out on the market for much cheaper........just make sure there is no iron in the multi you buy.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 4 Tablets

vitamin-a (as beta-carotene)12,500 IU 2500%
vitaminC (as ascorbic acid) 600 IU 1000%
vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 400IU 100%
Vitamin E (as d-alphatocopheryl acetate 200IU 667%
Vitamin B-1 (as thiamine mononitrate 50mg 3333%
Vitamin B-2 (as riboflavin ) 25mg 1471%
Niacin (as niaciamide) 95mg 475%
Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine hcl) 60mg 3000%
Folic Acid 400mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin 150mcg 2500%
Biotin 150mcg 50%
Pantothonic Acid (ass calcium panto.) 200mg 2000%
Calcium (As carbonate) 250mg 25%
Iodine (from kelp) 75mcg 50%
Magnesium ( as oxide) 250mg 63%
Zinc ( as amino acid chelate) 15mg 100%
Selenium (as aminoacid chelate) 100mcg 142%
Copper (as amino acid chelate) 1mg 50%
Manganese (as amino acid chelate)10mg 500%
Chromium (as amino acid Chelate) 100mcg 83%
Molybdenum (as amino acid chelate) 25mcg 33%
Potassium (as amino acid chelate) 50mcg 1%

Curcumin 120mg
Choline Bitratrate 100mg
Inositol 50mg
Citrus Bioflavonoids 50mg
para-Aminobenzoic acid 25mg
Betaine Hydrochloride 30mg
Rutin 50mg
Vanduim 12.5mcg
Silcon (As sea vegetation) 1.2mg
Coenzyme Q10 15mg
Bioperine 8mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg

Proprietary Blend 1450mg
Consisting of cinnamon powder, L-lysine hydrochloride, L-Arginine Hydrochloriide, L-Glutamine, and L-cysteine Hydrochloride
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Methadone Vitamins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Methadone Vitamins   Methadone Vitamins Empty

Back to top Go down

Methadone Vitamins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next