Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iamme

iamme

Female
Number of posts : 18
Job/hobbies : I'm a full time mom and i just got landed a job at the new restaurant in town! I paint, Play Piano, and enjoy exercising as long as its fun and not torture LOL
Humor : I have a good sense of humor as long as the jokes aren't mean or personal
Registration date : 2011-12-13

does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol? Empty
PostSubject: does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?   does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:57 pm

My clinic tests our urine for drugs then sends it to covenant hospital to have it tested further. If you drop dirty they will know exactly what you took and possibly how much. The hospital also screens our urine for alcohol. Does anyone else's clinic send everyones urine into a lab, even if its clean?
By the way this is not a complaint about my clinic. I love my clinic and am thankful that i found such a great clinic with a caring staff. I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?   does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:11 pm

In our clinic, they dont test for THC or Alcohol, unless there suspisious..
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?   does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:11 pm

If a patient comes back positive for alcohol how do they handle it? Do they refuse to dose the patient or do they give you a warning against mixing alcohol and Methadone?
I know a lot of patients don't believe the clinic should be allowed to test for alcohol, they figure it's no ones business if they have a drink or two.

In some ways I can agree with them. I know how dangerous it is to mix alcohol with Methadone. But what if someone were to say like go out to eat and have a couple of drinks before dinner. Would it be right for the clinic to refuse to dose them the next day?

Now if a patient presents themselves at the clinic and it is obvious they have been drinking, I can see not dosing them.

This is an interesting topic and I'd like to hear what everyone's views are on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
floydfx05

floydfx05

Female
Number of posts : 71
Humor : PEACE
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?   does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:42 am

If they test positive, they check them out , everyone is diffrent, like you said they might of drank the night before or something and there not drunk at all, they take each case into consideration, If there drunk they will definitly not Dose them..they talk with you to see whats up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?   does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:40 am

I use to be an alky, but heroin did a much better job after 20 years of drinking. Thank God I don't want to drink anymore. That was a worst beast than H actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?   does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol? Empty

Back to top Go down

does anyone elses clinic test for alcohol?
Page 1 of 1