Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frequency of UAs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mmtforme

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : the outdoors
Humor : Caddy Shack
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Frequency of UAs Empty
PostSubject: Frequency of UAs   Frequency of UAs EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:26 am

hi, does anyone know if there are federal requirements on the frequency of UAs? ive been at my clinic since april 2009,had a brief relapse, 2days. Since that relapse on September 5th, 2009, ive been sober. affer my relapse, i took a weekly ua for six or seven months, then they decreased the frequency. i get takeouts for two weeks. but it still seems to frequent .im clean, regardless of the uas. I just think thatthey could lower costs and not do so many UAs, especially people in steady, long term sobriety. Are there federal guidelines that stipulate how many UAs a person must receive?

Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Frequency of UAs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frequency of UAs   Frequency of UAs EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 pm

It's good to see you Seth,

The Guidelines state:

42 CFR ยง 8.12(f) (6) Drug abuse testing services. OTPs must provide adequate testing or analysis for drugs of
abuse, including at least eight random drug abuse tests per year, per patient, in maintenance treatment, in
accordance with generally accepted clinical practice. For patients in short-term detoxification treatment, the
OTP shall perform at least one initial drug abuse test. For patients receiving long-term detoxification
treatment, the program shall perform initial and monthly random tests on each patient. (page 26 of the guidelines)
http://dpt.samhsa.gov/pdf/OTPAccredGuidelines-2007.pdf

How often is your clinic doing your screens now? You can also check the guidelines for your state and see what they say. Here is the contact information for the State Substance Abuse Agency in your state:

Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division
Department of Human Services
P.O. Box 64977
Saint Paul, MN 55164-0977
Phone: (651)431-2460
Fax: (651)431-7449
Email: dhs.adad@state.mn.us
State web site address:
www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/

Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
MrsPenguin2005

MrsPenguin2005

Female
Number of posts : 15
Humor : If plan A doesn't work out...don't worry...there are 25 more letters in the alphabet...nobody can drive you crazy unless you give them the keys...
Registration date : 2012-04-05

Frequency of UAs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frequency of UAs   Frequency of UAs EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:11 pm

today was only day 9 and they popped a UA on me this morning...i won't be dirty just because i know i'm not...my question is that because it is so soon after my intake, isn't there a possibility that i will be dirty from the things i came to MMT with...like if i was a pot smoker, and i came into the program and gave up smoking pot, the chances are good that it would still be in my system 9 days later so why bother so soon...i told her i would be clean and she is now saying she is gonna try to get me a take out after 30 days after she already told me when i came back that i would not see a takeout until she was ready to give me one...little change of heart i guess...hey i'm all for it...i just thought i read that you don't see takeouts until you complete 90 days not 30...is it different on a case to case basis or what??? oh well, if i have a chance at getting one at 30 days then i will surely have one coming...one less 37 mile trip one way to ocala and every little bit helps so i'll keep my fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Frequency of UAs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frequency of UAs   Frequency of UAs EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:01 pm

In as much it would be great if she did what said she will concerning take homes, take what she says with a grain of salt. I only say that because of her attitude with you when you came back to the clinic.
It is possible that your UA may come back positive. But that depends on the substance itself and others factors such as what, how much how often etc. There are several opinions as to how long different drugs stay in your system for detection. For pot it can be up to 14 days depending. click here for more information.
At any rate, your counselor knows how long you have been back and I would think she would take that into consideration. Have you given anymore thought into switching counselors or are things starting to settle down with her?

I don't know what she is thinking when she tells you that she will give you take homes in 30 days. Here is what the Federal Guidelines say at stated on the DPT website . As I'm sure you already know.

Patient Time in Treatment Maximum Take-Home Medication Permissible (not automatic)
1-90 days 1 time in treatment take-home a week, and 1 program closure-holiday take-home if the program is closed for business Sundays, including State and Federal holidays.
91-180 days 2 time in treatment take-homes a week, and 1 program closure-holiday take-home if the program is closed for business Sundays, including State and Federal holidays.
181-270 days 3 time in treatment take-homes a week, and 1 program closure-holiday take-home if the program is closed for business Sundays, including State and Federal holidays.
271-365 days 6 time in treatment take-homes a week (reporting once a week).
After 1 year Up to 14 days time in treatment take-homes (reporting up to twice a month).
After 2 years Up to 31 days time in treatment take-homes (reporting up to once a month).

So how are you feeling now? Are you starting to feel better? What dose are you on now? I appreciate your posting and keeping us up to date on what is going on with you. It's nice to see someone posting, it really is.

Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

Frequency of UAs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frequency of UAs   Frequency of UAs Empty

Back to top Go down

Frequency of UAs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Federal Regulations :: Drug Screens-
Jump to: