Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bottle Count for Take Homes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
frigginpeachy

frigginpeachy

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-17

Bottle Count for Take Homes Empty
PostSubject: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi everyone,
I have tried to find information with State or Federal guideline about bottle counts for take homes. I can’t find anything, so I hope someone can help me with this. I have been in Methadone Maintenance Treatment for 2 years. My Clinic just started in January doing bottle counts every 3 months. I get a call from my counselor and I have to go in the next day with my dose for that day and the rest of my bottles for them to count my medication. I had one in February and now I was called today 3 months later for another one. This has caused a problem for me with my job. I have just got a new job with the State and this job is so important. I will be starting next week, but in 3 months I will have another bottle count and I will be late arriving to work and every 3 months I will be late for work. I can’t pick between the job or treatment, I would lose the job without treatment. Has anyone else had this problem, should I change to a different Clinic?
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:47 am

There is nothing in the Federal Guidelines in regards to bottle checks. When you get a call back from the clinic you should have 24 hours to report in. Is it possible for you to go when the clinic first opens up in the morning and get to work on time.
I know it's a hassle.
I don't see where having bottle checks should really be necessary for patients who have been completely compliant in their treatment.
If your thinking about switching clinics, call the clinic that you want to switch to and ask them any questions beforehand. You may find out the your clinic isn't as bad as some of the others out there.
How are you treated otherwise?
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
frigginpeachy

frigginpeachy

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:13 pm

I do understand the reason behind bottle count but when this is set up every 3 months it’s a bit too much. My clinic opens at 5:00am but I have to be at work at 6:00am. Friday May 25th I had my second bottle count (the other one was in February) I didn’t get out of there until 5:50am. It’s hardly a diversion control plan if you know every 3 months you will be called. I have had no other issues except that my counselor will be leaving at the end of the month and my next counselor will be number 4. My counselor said there were new implements because of an audit, I don’t know if he meant with the Clinic or the State. I don’t think he really knows because I asked and he looked at me as if it was none of my business. This wouldn’t bother me so much if I wasn’t starting a new job with new people. I don’t want to explain my situation with people I have just met. So if I am late in the mornings it is just hard to have an excuse that early. Every 3 months bottle recount, once a month for counseling, once every week to pick up (soon once every 2 weeks to pickup). I know I would hate to change to another clinic because you are right and it may be worse. I just needed to complain, I know I will figure it out. I needed someone’s advice and to listen to me. Thanks Dee for replying.
Back to top Go down
MrsPenguin2005

MrsPenguin2005

Female
Number of posts : 15
Humor : If plan A doesn't work out...don't worry...there are 25 more letters in the alphabet...nobody can drive you crazy unless you give them the keys...
Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:22 am

I'm sorry...this may sound a little dumb but what the hell are they looking to accomplish by counting your bottles??? are they looking to see that you are not taking more than you are supposed to??? in that case, anyone can take from another bottle and do whatever they have to do to make it seem as tho they have what they are supposed to...and dee, what you say about other clinics is true...i thought mine was a big pain in the butt until i tried going to a new one...once i heard "pre" intake and crazy stuff like that i went running back to my old clinic and begged them to take me back...i do know that you cannot get your take homes unless you bring all your bottles with you but as for bottle count i am not sure what they hope to solve...if they are having problems with certain people they should deal with those people directly (i know i shouldn't say "they should do this and they should do that" but this lady is in danger of losing a great job and let me tell you something jobs are not easy to come by...my husband has a bachelor's degree and owes $75,000 on his student loans and he is washing dishes part time because there is just no work where we are...maybe they could make an exception if you explain the job thing especially if you are compliant in all other areas...if you lose your job, chances are the expense of the clinic will be too much so you could be in jeopardy of losing everything...you can look into other clinics but like dee said, make sure you ask all the questions you need to before switching...there are some out there that really are worse than others...i, myself, am on disability and don't work BUT i also don't drive so my husband has to take me every morning (my 5th time back to MMT and i'm in my first 90 days)and he has to be to work by 6:30am 6 days a week...we get there at 5am every morning but i have to see my counselor every day for the first 30 days so getting him to work on time gets scary as we live 37 miles from the clinic...my counselor bitched at me the other day...she said that by my being at the door when she drives up makes her feel like i am sweating her...hey, the clinic opens at 5 she starts at 5 and i am there at 5 so what is her problem??? i am going to request another counselor because i really feel that she has a problem with me because i have been in and out so much...she told me when i came back last week that i will not have take homes until she feels that i deserve them...what the hell is up with that??? if i come every day, come up clean on my UA's and follow all the rules, where does she get off thinking she can hold me back on her say so and feelings alone...whatever...i digress...i WILL be getting a new counselor so i can truely start fresh not with someone with a cross to bear...anyway...good luck on your new job and i really hope everything works out for you...i have been around long enuf to know that when you do the right thing...right things happen...all the best...peace out!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:47 am

Mrs. Penguin,
I agree with you completely and if someone is lucky enough to be able to land a job then the clinic should do everything within its power to help that person so they do not lose that job.

Your counselor has some major control issues. It is not up to her to hold your treatment over your head. So what if you get their early? Like you said, they open at 5 and there is no reason for you not to be there at 5.
Why do you have to see her everyday for the first 30 days? Again, control issues?

Frigginpeachy, anything that affects your treatment is your business, you .
Counselors in the clinic system come and go. The clinic I attended had so many it was hard to keep up at times. In one year I had 6 different counselors.
Can you try talking to the Director about this? I don’t want you to anger your counselor by going over his head but you have to do something.
Keep us posted, please.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Program Director, Counseling Solutions of Chatsworth
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:49 am

Here is the policy statement on bottle recalls from the National Alliance of Methadone Advocates: http://methadone.org/namadocuments/ps10bottle_recall.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.counselingsolutions.clinic
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 4:08 am

Is there any federal or state guidelines for this? Otherwise what guidelines are they going by to enforce the practice of med checks/bottle counts? At my clinic we have a computer system set up. depending on the number of take outs you get determines the day of the week the client has to call in to the system to see if they are scheduled for a "call back". We don't use liquid methadone so we have to bring back out empty medication packets as well as our remaining doses to be counted. It's random when the computer has you come but it is about every 3 months. I drive 88 miles one way to my clinic. Thankfully I get 27 takeouts & have a job with a flexible schedule but it can be a pain.
Frigginpeachy I was wondering, do you get to work on time for your regular clinic visits?
I would speak to your counselor and/or clinic director and explain your situation. Maybe then they will try and get you in ASAP in med count days? If not, and/or they don't seem to want to work with you them maybe when you fill out your satisfaction surveys you may want to mention it then? If you've gone to the same clinic the two yrs you've been in treatment then I would think they would know you well enough by now to understand your situation and try to work something out for you, even if it is only trying to get you in and out ASAP for med checks.
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:47 pm

The federal regulations don't really address it, but some state regulations do... In Tennessee, for example, the state regs require bottle recalls every quarter for patients who receive 6+ takehomes... so it can vary from state to state.

zt
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Hmmm..... I live in Louisiana but go to a clinic in Tx so will have to see if I can find any state regs on it. :-)
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:55 pm

If you want to email me I can put you in touch with a superb certified methadone advocate in Texas that might be able to help you. State regs can be difficult to find, as they are often buried at the bottom of some administrative website.... If you can't find them I advise patients to shoot an email to the SOTA of the state in question and ask him/her to respond with them as a pdf attachment. That tends to work if all else fails.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottle Count for Take Homes   Bottle Count for Take Homes Empty

Back to top Go down

Bottle Count for Take Homes
Page 1 of 1