Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any feedback would be appreciated

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
upriser7

Male
Number of posts : 5
Humor : SNL, Family Guy, Ray William Johnson
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Any feedback would be appreciated Empty
PostSubject: Any feedback would be appreciated   Any feedback would be appreciated EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello, not sure if posting in correct place but I'm new and been in MMT for anot three months at 75mg once a day. I feel better and I'm able to function better than I ever remember. At first I was going to taper off, however, I'm doing, and feel so well (like I always thought I should) I have decided to take this medication as some people take Adderal or Prozac.
The only bad experience I've had with my clinic is I was 2 min late one day and they wouldn't let me dose-/despite how much I pleaded.
Aside from that my doctor has apreived every increase (although when I request and increase of 10mg he gives 5mg.
Im just waiting to get more take homes(only get Sun now) so I can plans more stable work schedule, as my job required me ro travel out of town on short notice, so, I haven't been able to do that.
I guess my only question is: is 75mg enough? Each time I increase I feel a lot better for a couple weeks and them level-off but a little betwe each time before the previous increase.
Thanks. Just wanted to introduce myself.
Back to top Go down
shadowman007

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-06-25

Any feedback would be appreciated Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any feedback would be appreciated   Any feedback would be appreciated EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:52 pm

my advice to you is take the min dose that lets you feel normal, if you go down 5mg you can expect 3 days of restlessness that your back to normal beleive me i weaned myself from 80 to 40 mg every 2 weeks 5mg drop and never missed a beat, i know i,m gonna take a hit for this but like any other drug you can and will get high off methadone if you take to much so where are you then this stuff is made to help you get your life back and if you work the program right theres no reason for anyone to be on it longer then 5 years.....the clinic i go to i pay cash they only take welfare or cash and the people on welfare are abusing the system so bad its unreal they get up at 5.30am to get dosed but can,t go look for a job cripes they don,t even put cloths on they come in their pj,s they stink to high heaven and havn,t had a shower for months and there are 100,s of them not just a few they come by the bus load, makes no sense that any state would pay for this but at the same time not require them to go job hunting, there are entire families there 3 generations what does that tell you.......these programs are for us to get our life back drug free if your commited it shouldn,t take you more then 5 years any longer your using it as a crutch and you don,t want off, so now you can all pile on me i,m a big boy i can take it but this is just my opinion.

Tom
Back to top Go down

Any feedback would be appreciated
Page 1 of 1