Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello, fellow MMT patients.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
5MEODMT

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-24

Hello, fellow MMT patients. Empty
PostSubject: Hello, fellow MMT patients.   Hello, fellow MMT patients. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 am

I am 5MEODMT/Ben, I'm also known as "513" at my Clinic.

I live in St. Paul, Minnesota and have been an MMT patient for 2 1\2 years (3 in September). It's a little hard to make these king of intros short, but I'm going to try. I have had and still have issues with a plethora of other substances, but will be mainly focusing on my Opiate experiences.

I was what I would call a "recreational" Opiate user about 6-7- years ago (I'm 23). After my BEST friend in the world died of what was determined to be an overdose of a Combination of 40 MG's of"street" Methadone on the form of 4, 10 MG pills (which I supplied) and 1 1\2 MG's of Alprazolam (Xanax), which his Mother gave him. Although they tried, I wasn't charged for wrongful-death (Though it goes without saying that I'd take a life sentence (hypothetically), I'm unsure what I sentence would have been given, than lose my other half, essentially.

That was the turning point from "recreational" to habitual Opiate use, which, for the most part consisted of Oxycodone (in a form with no APAP of course), MS contin, Dilaudid, Methadone, and the occasional shot of Heroin.

It was day after my first, and only OD that I decided to try a Methadone clinic, which was at the time, mostly just so I didn't need to buy street drugs and engage in the behavior which drug habits often resort to in order to maintain.

Unfortunately, I need to finish this tomorrow. I really need my sleep right now, and I will go into why tomorrow. This is by far the best MMT forum I have ever found and am very pleased that I discovered it today (albeit by accident). I look forward to hearing others stories, posting my own, helping others out (if I can) etc...

Thanks guys.

-5MEODMT.
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow MMT patients.   Hello, fellow MMT patients. EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Thanks for joining us, I look forward to reading about your journey into mmt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Program Director, Counseling Solutions of Chatsworth
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow MMT patients.   Hello, fellow MMT patients. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:39 am

@5MEODMT - Very nice to meet you! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your intro post; I've been super busy and have neglected some of these forums that are such a vital part of many of our support networks. It's good to meet you, and I look forward to getting to know you better as we travel the road to recovery (thanks to MMT) together!

:-)

zt
Back to top Go down
http://www.counselingsolutions.clinic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, fellow MMT patients.   Hello, fellow MMT patients. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, fellow MMT patients.
Page 1 of 1