Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old girl friend, what do I do....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoMoreTears

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-04-24

Old girl friend, what do I do.... Empty
PostSubject: Old girl friend, what do I do....   Old girl friend, what do I do.... EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:53 am

Ok, I have an old girl friend that I use to run with. We lived together for 3 years and of course we used together that entire time. I left her to change my life. I have been gone 5 years now and have come a long ways! But, she still wants me to come over all the time. She has a nice little apartment and if I show up there is a fresh rig of tar ready with xany's, sleeping pills ect. ect. Well, I don't want that, but whenever things start getting hard that little voice starts saying to me just go over to her house. Then it tells me all the lies like getting high once doesn't matter. That voice goes as far as saying move back in and just use because your and addict. It's easier when you don't have any connections and have to hit the block to cop. You risk getting another felony, getting locked up, getting ripped off etc etc. Basically, it's so much more tempting when you know it's waiting with no risks involved except ruining your life by getting addicted again. I might just have to move out of state for awhile or something. I got to get off this methadone first though. This site has been pretty helpful to me. santa
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Old girl friend, what do I do.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old girl friend, what do I do....   Old girl friend, what do I do.... EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:06 pm

In reading this post along with your other posts on the forum, you know the best answer to your question of what to do. Maybe someone encouraging you not to keep in contact is what will enforce what you already know.
That road that she is offering, you've already been down it with its twists and turns into nowhere and probably even death. It is not worth risking everything that you have accomplished.
Somewhere along the line the strength to delete the contact and maybe even block it will come. Until that day, listen to what you know is right.
Do you have someone that you can call when that little voice starts talking? It is the voice of addiction and you know that. It will tell you anything to get you to succumb to its melody.
You are doing a great job in this new journey. Remember that we are here anytime that you need to talk.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

Old girl friend, what do I do....
Page 1 of 1