Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clinics in Miami, Florida

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CarlosF

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Clinics in Miami, Florida Empty
PostSubject: Clinics in Miami, Florida   Clinics in Miami, Florida EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:01 pm

I am no longer on methadone, but I was and continuo to advocate for Methadone and Suboxone.
There use to be four clinics two ran by Dr. Ruiz, another by Miami Dade County (that was the most
awful location you can ever imagen given that it was staff by 12 Step True believers that hated the
medication and hated their patients most of all.

Comprehensive Psychiatric Center
4790 NW 7th Street, Suite 102
Miami, FL 33126
(305) 529-5810

South
9735 East Fern Street
Miami, FL 33157

(305) 238-5121

North
240 NW 183rd Street
Miami, FL 33169

(305) 651-2332

Broward Treatment Center
1101 South 21st Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33020

(954) 922-0522

The three clinics in Dade County is now monopolist by Dr. Ruiz. At one time, one of the Community
Mental Health Center in North Dade Now ran by Jackson Memorial Hospital NORTH was going to
open a clinic.  I can only guess that with the opening of hundreth of Suboxone doctors. The need
for another methadone clinic is no longer needed.  I am wondering how patients are doing with
Dr. Ruiz being the only doctor prescribing in Miami. At $13.00 per dose. If patients feel that they
are being serve.  I know that chosing between Dr. Ruiz and Miami Dade County I would have picked
Dr. Ruiz any time.  But that is not saying much, he was ignoring the State Methadone Treatment
Guidelines that where being published by SAMHSA.

There central office use to have the funding that Miami Dade County use to get. Am wondering
if the patients are familiar with this fact and what are their rights under this contract.
Back to top Go down
Zac_Talbott

Zac_Talbott

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : Program Director, Counseling Solutions of Chatsworth
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Clinics in Miami, Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clinics in Miami, Florida   Clinics in Miami, Florida EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:23 am

I'm pretty sure he is the doc (Ruiz) that our FLNAMA-R chapter Director used to go to years ago & he was better (at that time, under old regs) than other programs in FL. He was one of the first to start showing patients their doses before giving it to them - even before blind dosing was illegal.

Good to see you on the forums, Carlos. Come over and join us at We Speak Methadone and MSO's Methadone Anonymous Support Forums as well!!! :-)

Best,
Zac
Back to top Go down
http://www.counselingsolutions.clinic

Clinics in Miami, Florida
Page 1 of 1