Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need Opinions Please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
angheyluv1

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-26

Need Opinions Please Empty
PostSubject: Need Opinions Please   Need Opinions Please EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:52 am

Question Well hello I just want to start by saying thank you so very much for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful group of people all over the world I am from Maryland actually Dundalk, Md and we do have a methadone clinic in dundalk I had attended it for 3yrs and now have returned back to the one I originally started with which is in Glen Burnie MD. But my question is they dropped me 30mg is 6days due to a slightly borderline EKG due to very low vitamin D I Knew this but of course to many I am just a recovering addict who knows nothing but I took the vitamin D for about 2 almost 3 weeks and my primary care doctor had me come in yesterday and re take it to see if the vitamin D helped it which it did it was perfect but now they act as if they don't wanna put me back up to my regular dose and even though I have been on methadone for about 8yrs it had me feeling like crap coming that much that fast really sucked but what should I do its not right at all...Ang advice is very much appreciated thanks have a blessed day.
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions Please   Need Opinions Please EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:29 pm

When you went back to your primary care provider after taking the vitamin D, did he do a repeat EKG to make sure it was ok? If so, I would see if he would write a letter on his letter head to the clinic stating his findings and have him put a recommendation in that letter. Are you still taking the Vitamin D? I am not sure if it would help but it is worth a try.
Don't give up. Nothing can be gained by giving up.
Talk to your primary care provider and see if he/she is willing to help
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Finallyachance

Finallyachance

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions Please   Need Opinions Please EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:59 am

I had to take my EKG in and it flat out stated that I was taking nothing but that the clinics machine and or operator must be wrong or I might have been experiencing white coat syndrome because the nurse that was giving me the EKG was discriminatory of my dose needs etc...so she intimidated me it went from 527 qtc at clinic to 390 from the heart doctors...just weeks apart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions Please   Need Opinions Please Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Opinions Please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Methadone Maintenance Program :: Rate Your Methadone Program?-
Jump to: