Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Checking In

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Checking In   Checking In EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:24 am

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to check in with everyone and see how your doing. I also wanted to tell you that you don't have to have a problem to be able to come on here and post. There is nothing that says you have to have something upsetting happening in your life to post. We want to hear from you, the good as well as the bad.
There has to be something that brought you here to this forum. What was it. I am curious to know.
How did you hear about the forum. Did you read about it on the website? Or do you know someone that told you about it?
I heard about it through Deborah, I am also a moderator on the Suboxone forum, The Light At The End Of The Tunnel. On that forum we have a mixture of both Suboxone and Methadone patients. But sometimes it is easier for people to talk with people that are on the same medication as they are on. So her we are. Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark. Isn't it true? How many times had you tried to stop using, only to start back again within just a matter of time? I know for me is was several tries at recovery before I was finally able to stop. I was in a very long dark tunnel. When I first went into recovery back in 2002 Methadone was my flicker of light. Once I got on Methadone, I could see a future again. I was able to go back to work and enjoy my family again. I no longer had to hide how I was feeling or what I was doing.

I look forward to meeting all of you. Remember if you have any questions please ask. If you want to stop by and say hello, we are here.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
Barbara

Barbara

Female
Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Stage Hand/ enjoy my animals and gardening
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away.
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Dee,

I think it's a good idea to have a place just to check in and say I'm feeling good, poorly or just making it. Sometimes I just want to say hi and check in with others who care how I am. No, we don't always have to have a problem to want to reach out to someone of your piers. At times there's no one around who can understand the sudden panic or bad memory can uproot my whole day. I know when I first started to sober up, my memories started and still come back. I know I'm growing in the right direction when I can face them and deal with them. A lot of times I can't...I need to reflect to someone else to resolve what I've done or what has been done to me. I know holding on to old stuff can get me into unnessesary grief. Talking about it is half the battle of the problem. I have to tell myself, I don't have all the answers and I need help from others like you.

Thank you for putting this subject up. It was a good starting place for me as I've just joined. I'll tell you more about myself when I put my story in. It takes a lot of fore thought for me to do this and takes a lot out of me.

Yours,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
BWOOD348

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:10 am

that was absolutly insane after i opened up in my introduction you deside to pass judgement then lock the forum you obviously dont understand laws in america or maybe you think its ok for women to use the police ase there verry own revenge squad like the pysociopath that targeted me.either way this is the last word and my last post
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 am

BWood,
As manager of this forum I have to tell you that I have not locked this forum. No one has passed any judgement on you. We are not here to pass judgement. Our forums are here to support that help. That is all.
Why would you think this forum is locked? If indeed the forum were to be locked or you were to be banned from posting on the forum, you would not have been able to post the above post. When I ban a member I not only ban them by name but by IP address and email address as well.

I read the post our moderator RuthAnn wrote to you. She did not pass judgement on you. She simply responded to your post, using the information that you had wrote in your post. She has that right as do all of the forum members. As long as a post is not disrespectful of staff or patients the post stays.
We do not tolerate disrespect in any way, shape or form.

Nor do we think that it is ok for a woman or anyone else for that matter to use the police as their very own revenge. It is clear this woman has issues but focusing on her issues will not make your case any better.

You yourself said that you had obtained the Methadone you were carrying from another source other than a clinic. RuthAnn simply stated to you that your best defense would be to find a lawyer and explain the situation to him and make sure you let them know that you are now in a MMT program for the treatment of your addiction. We all suffer consequences in life and a lot of time they are not fair. But we deal with them the best way we can.
It is unfortunate that this has happen to you but getting angry here at someone who was only trying to point out a fact will not get you anywhere.

On another note;
I did speak to Dean Vereen on your behalf. He will be more than happy to speak with you about your situation. I will give you our numbers, if you cannot afford to call Dean send me an email with the time you would like him to call you and he will call you at our own expense.
Here are the phone numbers:
Office 770-334-3655*Cell 770-527-9119
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:37 pm

No one has passed any judgement on you so if I upset you, I do apologize.

Did you not tell us that you were arrested because you were caught with methadone that you bought illegally off the street and did not have a script for?

If this is the case, then I was stating a FACT, not an opinion or a judgement.

Part of true recovery is taking responsibility for our actions when we have done wrong and accepting those consequences. You act like you are being treated unfair by the police because they caught you breaking the law. That IS what the police are there for and they were doing their job. Unless there is more info to the situation that you did not state in your post, I don't see where you were treated wrong. Actually, it doesn't really matter if there is more info that you haven't shared, I stand by what I said. It doesn't change things HOW the police got on to you, or who tipped the off or the fact that you USE to be in a legit methadone program......You bought methadone OFF THE STREET from someone else, you DID NOT have a prescription for it and you were caught with that illegally obtained meds by the police......YOU WERE BREAKING THE LAW.

That is why I suggested you get into a REAL program. I was not passing jugement on you.
Back to top Go down
mmtforme

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : the outdoors
Humor : Caddy Shack
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: no judgement made   Checking In EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:43 pm

I think that when you look at this individuals circumstance it all boils down to this: a schedule II narcotic was obtained illegally which means the use of it was also illegal. I can underatand how he feels, everyone has a right to their feelings. but the law does not care about ones feelings or the circumstances that led up to obtaining methadone illegally. I believe he made a choice not to shoot dope and that is a good decision, but that will not sway a judge or prosecuting attorney to give someone a free pass on breaking the law after that fact. If I were in his situation I would get myself into a program, be it methadone or suboxone that does not matter. I would also start getting to some 12 step sobriety based meetings, AA, NA, MA or some Health Realization meetings and Al-Anon if appropriate. I would also get into an outpatient treatment program outside of the methadone or suboxone. I would also start going to weekly meetings with a counselor at the methadone clinic or even a psychologist. All this would go in ones favor and would show the judge you are seriopus about recovery and will go a long way in your favor. Trying to place blame on other people and trying to get your way will only make matters worse. Again, I can understand how he feels, but it will not matter to the judge or the ADA how you feel or why you think it was OK to obtain and use the methadone illegally. I will pray for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking In
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark :: Open Discussions :: Open Discussions-
Jump to: