Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?? Empty
PostSubject: DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION??   DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 am

First off, let me start by saying that we are a non profit organization that supports Medical Assisted Treatment and the use of methadone for treatment. We in no way support the claims in this article and PERSONALLY, I do not agree with the statements in this article and I EMPHATICALLY doubt that it really works.

Having said that, I wanted to share it with you guys to see what your thoughts were about it. I personally think this guy has never been through methadone withdrawals himself or there is no way he would compare it to a MILD case of the flu! Anytime I have ever been in methadone w/drawals it certainly wasn't what I would call MILD!!

I did email them and asked a few questions and told them I was very skeptical of this "program", having been through withdrawals myself before and they swear by it. I will post copies of the email for you to read as well.

Anyway, enough rambling on my part, you guys check out the article and then tell me what YOU think. RuthAnn

How To Withdraw From Methadone At Home

Have you decided to find out how to withdraw from methadone at home? If you have, you’ve found the site that gives expert advice on how to do at home drug withdrawal from methadone and many other drugs.
If you’re ready to learn how to withdraw at home from methadone and get the At Home Methadone withdrawal video.

How To Withdraw From Methadone At Home

Do you know how to withdraw from methadone at home? Probably not. If you’re uncertain, worried, scared or confused or hesitant about withdraw, you’re suffering from uncertainty about what to do.

Plan How To Withdraw From Methadone At Home

People who succeed at anything start by getting a good plan together of how they will deal with the situations they will be facing. Planning how to withdraw from methadone at home requires you start by getting advice from experts, not buddy down the street or at some chat site.
Have you ever wondered why so many people stayed on methadone for 10 years or more? Have you thought or asked methadone users why they continue going to the methadone clinic, sometimes for life? Why didn’t they just stop taking methadone, was something wrong with them?
Methadone users will tell you they can’t stop taking methadone because of the awful withdrawals. They don’t know what to do and haven’t found the correct way to withdraw from methadone at home.

How To Withdraw from Methadone At Home and Overcome Withdraw Symptoms

Every time a person tries to detox themselves from methadone, they go through nasty withdrawal symptoms that they don’t know how to remedy or eliminate. Drug abuse and even methadone used for chronic pain management creates a long term unnatural imbalance. This imbalance created by long term methadone use is what people experience when they try to withdraw from methadone.
So the cause of withdraw symptoms felt when detoxing from methadone is the nutritional imbalance created by methadone and other toxic drugs.

Helping The Body Withdraw Naturally From Methadone

A more natural withdrawal from methadone works better than only taking more meds. Why is this? Medications don’t replace the severe dehydration caused by methadone withdrawal. People withdrawing from methadone are often quite dehydrated, and don’t know they are running low on water.

The brain is about 75% liquid. Even a small drop in the liquid or water content in the brain creates all kinds of problems like headaches, fogginess, depression, irritability, confusion etc.
So the first thing to know about detoxing from methadone at home is you have to ensure correct hydration. Many people piss this extra liquid out. They don’t know how to properly hydrate themselves so the body retains more water and can correctly detox itself. You see the cells detox themselves with water. If the cells aren’t surrounded by water, they can’t detox themselves of all the toxins, impurities and waste products created while detoxing.

Learn How To Withdraw From Methadone At Home on Video download

Find out what benefits you’ll get by learning how to detox from methadone comfortably and safely at home and get the link to watch the 4 minute introductory HOW TO DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME VIDEO.

Ready to Detox From Methadone At Home?

100s of people want to know how to detox from methadone at home. Most methadone users believe they just need a couple of tips to follow and they can detox from methadone. Ya, right. Methadone detox is the second most tricky drug to detox from at home if you don’t know how to detox correctly.

Find Out How to Detox from Methadone At Home

At home methadone detox is a step by step process which works great if you detox correctly and follow directions. Following directions to detox at home is vital to a successful withdrawal from methadone. Many withdrawals from methadone can be done with little or no discomfort in a couple of weeks if you detox correctly. That means find out exactly what to do first, then get prepared, finally do everything you’ve learned.

Getting Prepared and Learning How to Detox from Methadone At Home

Preparing for an at home methadone detox means you’ve got to prepare yourself to get healthy. Most people begin to improve their health by getting a full physical and dental check up.
The second part of preparing for methadone detox is to learn how your body detoxes and how to help your body detox more smoothly. Many people think that taking more meds actually helps detox. Meds may dumb down or reduce discomfort and pain levels. But if the person withdrawing from methadone spent some time getting healthy before detox, they would be more comfortable through the methadone withdrawal.

Finally a person detoxing from methadone at home has to take action. They have to go out and get the nutrients needed for smooth detox. They have to start doing their program so that they can easily stop taking methadone and go through the necessary withdrawal period. They have to know how to detox from methadone at home before starting detox.

HERE ARE THE EMAILS BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE DRUG REHAB ADVISOR......

From: boandtrent@cebridge.net [mailto:boandtrent@cebridge.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:22 AM
To: question@drugrehabadvisor.com
Subject: question about at home withdrawal video

This is a question about the at-home drug withdrawal video

ruthann alston

boandtrent@cebridge.net

hello. I dont mean to sound rude but I am very skeptical here. I have been on MMT for over 9 yrs and during that time I have tried to detox both ways..........cold turkey and the medically approved taper and I just dont see how it can be done with little or no withdrawals symptoms. Your body has to go through the process and the process is NOT comfortable. Not to mention all the damage you have been doing to the opioid receptors and then you suddenly stop taking methadone. If it is such a great and simple thing why havent more people and/or docs tried it and talked about it? I would love to see some actual footage and/or testimonies. thanks for your time. ! ! ! .
Please answer this question within 1 business day.

To:boandtrent@cebridge.net[/url]

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:24 AM

Subject: RE: question about at home withdrawal video

Ruthann,

I understand your concern. Every withdraw will have some difficulties. Most people experiencing withdrawal are scared off continuing their detox because of awful pain, throwing up for a week, etc. If one were to compare that to a 'mild case of the flu', we are now talking about a comfortable withdrawal. The key word here is withdrawal.

The program is far more than a couple of things to take and some tips. It gives you the exact step by step actions to prepare, plan out and achieve successful withdrawal as comfortably as possible.

Note: we recommend you start by getting this download. If you consider that you are a potential candidate for in-patient integrative medical detox, let us know. That's a 'bit' more expensive. If the download isn't a concern, along with all the support nutrients you will need to get to begin at home withdrawal, you may be a candidate for in-patient medical detox.

Fact: the center's we work with recommend that you begin this at home program for a week while you are still on drugs / meds or withdrawing from them, before attending their detox. For those who will do this at home withdraw program, their own integrative med detox is much much smoother and faster. Ie you'd save thousands off your own med detox program by starting this process first.

I look forward to hearing your successes.

Tibor A. Palatinus

Drug Rehab Advisor

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:53 AM
To: drugfreecity@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: question about at home withdrawal video

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly . I do have to say, whoever compared methadone w/d to a "mild" case of the flu is crazy! I would compare it with a terrible case of the flu along with anxiety, insomnia, being very, very hungry but not being able to eat, pains in my legs and many other symptoms that aren't flu like in addition to the "flu like" ones. The flu is usually over in two or three days, but MMT w/d goes on for weeks.........so I don't agree with the "mild" case of the flu description!

Also, what about after the detox? Does your program offer any help in that area as well? Getting thru detox is only half the battle and as bad as it is, it's not near as hard as staying off the drugs.

What about the opiate receptors that are so screwed up? With your program, how long before those are back to a normal state where you don't feel the need to self medicate to feel "normal" again? That was another problem I seemed to have any time I was able to get through detox. A month or two down the road I was still feeling "bad" and "raw" like and would eventually end up right back to the opiates again just to feel normal again.

Thanks again so much for your time.

RuthAnn

----- Original Message -----
To: 'R. Alston'
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:33 PM
Subject: RE: question about at home withdrawal video

Ruthann,

One step at a time. We have all kinds of suggestions and recommendations which could direct you in different places depending on what comes up. We do have a more thorough detox for after you are clean and comfortably off drugs, methadone. You'll be contacting me, if appropriate at that time.

thats

Tibor A. Palatinus

Drug Rehab Advisor

As you can see, I never really did get an accurate answer to my questions, just a kind of "brush off" if you ask me. I think the program is a rip off and just a way to get your hard earned money. If you actually try this program, I don't see HOW you can keep from having a terrible experience and I sincerely doubt that if can help get off methadone.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??

RuthAnn
Back to top Go down
D
Admin
D

Female
Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2009-03-05

DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION??   DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Well I for one have to say that I do agree with RuthAnn. I also have gone through methadone withdrawal at home. It was definitely not a bad or mild case of the flu.
I can't help but to wonder if this guy actually tried to go through this program himself. I doubt it. Personally I think it's all about the money. I did notice the guy told RuthAnn that if she could not withdrawal at home they could help her with an impatient detox.
What do you think? Let us hear from you.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org

PostSubject: Re: DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION??   DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:18 am

Ruthann,
wow! that is very interesting. i guess you won't get any straight answers to any of your questions from these people w/out putting out a bit of money. & it's awful nice of them to offer to help w/ inpatient withdrawl as well - for a bit more money. i wonder just how much money they need before they will explain how we can all detox at home comfortably? highly insightful. sounds a bit "off" to me. i have gone w/out my meds & feeling like i'm gonna turn myself inside out is more like it! these people sound like they have no personal experience w/ methadone detox at all.
thanks for the story! very entertaining! flower
cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION??   DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?? Empty

Back to top Go down

DETOX FROM METHADONE AT HOME w/LITTLE OR NO WITHDRAWALS???? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION??
Page 1 of 1