Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PLease give me some advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SunshineSmiles

SunshineSmiles

Female
Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : waitress
Humor : I can garauntee you won't find nobody else lik me!
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PLease give me some advice Empty
PostSubject: PLease give me some advice   PLease give me some advice EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 am

I posted this on another part to but I'm not sure where it belongs and I need advice. Sorry if I shouldn't have posted it 2ce.!

will checkk back tonight when I get off work but my husband is having trouble. First he put in a request to change counselors like 2-3 months ago still he has heard nothing. He has real problems with his counselor and he feels like his rights have been violated for many reasons. Today he was on hold to see the director of the clinic bc he owed $27 he was going to pay $10 and then I work a double today so we were going to pay it all off tomorrow which is normal at my clinic he patiently waited outside her office for 30 min while she ran in and out doing various things then she came out and said she had to do payroll he had to wait about 2 hours well I had to get ready for work and we just couldn't wait so he left without dosing and is going to go back when he takes me to work luckily he has the day off otherwise he wouldnt have the option of going back. But how can she put him on hold and then say well I can't see you for 2 hours we have lives we have to work to pay for this stuff no one has 2 hours to wait for her to be free. This has happened to him several times that someone put him on hold be it for a drug test or missed apt or whatever and then is not available to see him, I understand needing a few minutes even 30 as I said but to not be available for 2 hours and not let him be able to dose isn't that almost like withholding treatment. Anyways does anyone have any ideas about how to handle this or how do you file a grievance if the problem is with the clinic director? He has been a patient for 15 months or so and we just had a problem paying the ;ast couple weeks I got suspended for 2 weeks and I had talked to her about it personally for me and him a week ago I am back at work now and trying as hard as I can to get caught back up with everything but sometimes life happens and we can't afford to miss our jobs because she needs 2 hours before she can get to us. Please help !!!
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: PLease give me some advice   PLease give me some advice EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:08 pm

Wow. Sounds like you guys are really having some probs w/his counselor. I am sorry you are having to go through this. It's a very hard situation to deal with and to know the best way to handle it.

Without having a little more detail about specific instances, it is hard to say what may really be going on here. Having said that, you said he feels like his rights have been violated. If his rights have been violated, then you do not need to but if you request a different couselor, and there is another counselor to transfseriously consider taking steps to file a complaint. I suggest going over the FEDERAL REGULATIONS section on our website at http://www.medicalassistedtreatment.org/51011/index.html to determine if this is the case. You also need to check the guidelines for your specific state also because in addition to FEDERAL regs there are STATE regs as well.

If he has had his rights vioated, he could file a complaint. He might even get the desired results from filing a complaint.....BUT!!!....keep in mind that even though it isn't suppose to happen, there are instances where the client has been retaliated against because they made a complaint and it just makes things a whole lot worse. So you need to weigh the pros and the cons before you take that step.

Is there someone else at the clinic that you think you could talk to about this? Another counselor, the clinic manager, the clinic doctor? ANYONE else besides this counselor that he is having the problem with?

When he asks them what is the status on hisrequest, what do they tell him?

I don't know how feasable this would be, but have you thought about transferring clinics?

I know this is not an easy situation to be in and I am sorry you guys are having such a bad time, just know that we are here for you and will help out in any way that we can.

Hang in there and keep us posted on what's going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLease give me some advice   PLease give me some advice EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:24 pm

hi Sunshine!
i am really sorry that yall are being treated like this at your clinic. did your hubby ever get to speak to the director about what was going on? i don't know why she would put payroll in front of a patient, especially when it probably would've taken her 10 minutes to adress his issues. maybe they can't tranfer him to a new counselor because the other counselors have their # of patients they are allowed to have. in georgia a counselor can only have x # of patients. if they have more patients than that they are in violation of state laws. maybe it's the same in your state.
i agree w/ what RuthAnn says if you really feel there has been a violation of his rights you can file a complaint. but some clinics will go after you for it. which is unfair & cruel. so if you do that make sure you have an "escape plan" to go to another clinic. also if you aren't paid up at that clinic, they don't have to send your transfer papers (at least in Georgia they don't). i hope you let us know whats going on. i had to switch clinics because of the abuse that went on at the 1st one i was at. i am now in a great clinic so switching was right for me.
i wish you & your husband the best of luck!
Cat
Back to top Go down
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: PLease give me some advice   PLease give me some advice EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Good point Cat.......I was concentrating on the other stuff and forgot to say something about owing fees. If they want to, they can actually detox you for owing them ANY amount of money so again, if you decide to file a complaint, make sure you have ALL your dots dotted and t's crossed because if they are one of those clinics that are going to "get back" at you for complaining, they will look for anything they can to punish you even if it means you only owe them 10 bucks. Also like Cat said, they don't have to transfer your stuff if you owe them a balance so you would have that problem to deal with if you did have to transfer.

Please keep us updated and let us know what is going on.
Back to top Go down
dara

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: PLease give me some advice   PLease give me some advice EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'being on hold'.
I know clinics are pretty anal about making appointments and at my clinic a person can't usually just walk in without an appointment and expect to get seen.
The two counselors I spoke with were both very explicit about appts and being late for them etc.How that would count against an individual as it shows a lack of responsibility or accountability on the clients part.That's what I was told anyway.
Also yes,the money thing.The clinic's been ok being late a couple of times,but doesn't allow that to go on constantly-that also counting against the client.

If your rules are similar that could be the problem.Be sure to ask the next counselor their policy on appts.lateness and late fees becuase a 'feetox' is no fun and chronic late payments could result in that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLease give me some advice   PLease give me some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

PLease give me some advice
Page 1 of 1