Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 1/1/2010 WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 1/1/2010  WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER?? Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 1/1/2010 WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER??   THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 1/1/2010  WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER?? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 pm

There was a time when my way of making myself feel better involved numbing myself... usually into oblivion. That was pretty much my go to answer for every situation that I encountered that made me feel... well just feel.

It's been a long time since I have used drugs to change the way I was feeling, 2 years this coming Monday as a matter of fact. In this time, I have still had all the same things that life throws at you, I've just avoided using to change the way I feel. But when you are having feels of doubt, feelings of pain, anger, sadness... what do you do to make yourself feel better?

Me? I have found that writing helps me. If I sit down and just get everything out of my head and onto paper, I feel a sense of relief. Once I'm able to look at my thoughts and feelings on paper... nothing ever seems as bad as it did in my head.

This blog helps out a bunch too but as honest as I try to be on here and as deep as I try to dig... I find myself holding back from time to time. It can be pretty hard to be 100% forthcoming when you know that family and friends can read it.

But when it's just me alone with my personal journal I feel the freedom to write whatever is on my mind. It's a good feeling and it really helps me a lot. One of the ways that it helps is by allowing me to really get to the root of some of my anger and fears. It's much easier to talk to other people about these things after you have an idea of what the true meaning behind your feelings are.

While I think that writing is a huge help, I don't think it replaces talking to other people about your problems. Sometimes you need to know that someone else can identify with what you are going through. It helps you to see that you are not the exception but more the rule. People are pretty similar when you strip away all the bull and it's good to be reminded of that every once in a while.

I guess the gist of this post is to say that writing and talking make me feel better. Wow... what an epiphany THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 1/1/2010  WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER?? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY 1/1/2010 WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER??
Page 1 of 1