Methadone: A Flicker Of Light In The Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To provide a better understanding of the very important role methadone plays in the treatment of addiction.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW and UPDATED CSAT GUIDELINES FOR Accreditation of Opioid Treatment Programs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilgirllost
Admin
lilgirllost

Female
Number of posts : 863
Job/hobbies : COUPONING & GEOCACHING are my favorite past times but I also love reading and spending time with my husband and kids
Humor : I don't have a sense of humor.............
Registration date : 2009-05-25

NEW and UPDATED CSAT GUIDELINES FOR Accreditation of Opioid Treatment Programs Empty
PostSubject: NEW and UPDATED CSAT GUIDELINES FOR Accreditation of Opioid Treatment Programs   NEW and UPDATED CSAT GUIDELINES FOR Accreditation of Opioid Treatment Programs EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:45 pm

CSAT has proposed new guidelines for accreditation of Opioid Treatment Programs which may change the rules and regs at your clinic. ALL clinic have to go by SAMHSA and CSAT regs as a MINIMUM requirement, but each clinic and state can have their own rules and regs in addition to CSAT and SAMHSA's.

Keep in mind this is a DRAFT and not set in stone yet, but it is interesting reading and will give us some good info for discussion.

The link is http://www.dpt.samhsa.gov/pdf/draft_accred_guidelines.pdf

and the "quick reference" rules/regs that are important to us as Pts start on page 54.

There are changes stating that we can take the dry form (pill or diskett) for our take homes again. My clinic never stopped giving the dry diskettes, but I think some did.

There are also changes that some states that didn't offer MMT at all are now offering MMT. These states are VERMONT, WEST VIRGINIA and NEW HAMPSHIRE.

There is also a section that talks about GP's or assistants in their own private practice, UNDER THE SUPERVISION of the medical director will be able to
"administer or dispense opioid agonist treatment medications. In some States, medical assistants and licensed practical nurses, under the supervision of a physician, are authorized to modify patient medication levels. It is incumbent upon the OTP to review and determine State requirements and limitations in this area."

That is just to name a few. Check it out for yourself.

Again, this is a draft that is being proposed, it is not set in stone as of yet.
Back to top Go down

NEW and UPDATED CSAT GUIDELINES FOR Accreditation of Opioid Treatment Programs
Page 1 of 1